"ORPHEUS REBORN"

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: "ORPHEUS REBORN"
« Reply #20 on: 6 Nov 2015, 09:05 am »
Its the only thing TAS could do since they even
dont get hands in an Orpheus unit to listen.
This mag do pay merchandising at much time.

This manufacturer will have probs at customs to
send this headphones to many countries hence
its huge price is public.

dB Cooper

« Reply #21 on: 6 Nov 2015, 12:36 pm »
Sennheiser is a worldwide company so I'm pretty sure they have distribution down. If you are referring to third world destinations, I suspect anyone in such places with enough coin to consider these has enough cash to bribe a few customs officials.

dB Cooper

« Reply #22 on: 6 Nov 2015, 12:41 pm »
...and to think that this started with the $29.95 HD 414 in 1968!

Still the most comfortable headphone I have ever owned, although surpassed in sound by many, but it is, after all, a late-60's design.

Guy 13

« Reply #23 on: 6 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm »
Still the most comfortable headphone I have ever owned, although surpassed in sound by many, but it is, after all, a late-60's design.

Hi dB Cooper,
I had the exact same pair of headphones around 1973.
They were my first experience with open type headphones
and I loved them and yes, very comfortable.
Unfortunately, I don't have them anymore and don't ask me what I've done with them,
that's too long ago, so, I don't remember.

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #24 on: 6 Nov 2015, 12:48 pm »
Sennheiser is a worldwide company so I'm pretty sure they have distribution down. If you are referring to third world destinations, I suspect anyone in such places with enough coin to consider these has enough cash to bribe a few customs officials.

Hi dB Cooper,
when I was on planet Vietnam,
I saw lots of those new rich (Northern Vietnamese) buying expensive stuff,
in the same price range as those Sennheiser headphones
just to impress their friends and other audiophiles fellows.

Guy 13

Joe Nelson

« Reply #25 on: 6 Nov 2015, 03:05 pm »
Perhaps we are looking at this all wrong.

Consider that the Orpheus + an iPod would get you a complete music system for less than $60K.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #26 on: 6 Nov 2015, 03:52 pm »
Not in my country since the customs duties are 100 per cent over the product+ship+insurance prices they dont have even an HD800 to the dealers, the HD800 on the market are all independent import models.
An orpheus here will cost plus USD100,000 :D I sure they sill sell none here.
So the Senn operation in brazil are restrict to cheap buds, mid-fi phones and aeronautics stuff.
« Last Edit: 6 Nov 2015, 05:09 pm by FullRangeMan »

dB Cooper

« Reply #27 on: 7 Nov 2015, 01:28 am »
I assume you got them replaced by Senn. I had 30th anniv 414's too but sold them in a misguided "clean house" jag. I also assume if you have a problem with your $55K Orpheus they dispatch a tech to your house 24/7 and cook you dinner while they are there :lol:

Joe Nelson

« Reply #28 on: 7 Nov 2015, 01:44 am »
I assume you got them replaced by Senn. I had 30th anniv 414's too but sold them in a misguided "clean house" jag. I also assume if you have a problem with your $55K Orpheus they dispatch a tech to your house 24/7 and cook you dinner while they are there :lol:

Only if you purchaesd the Orpheus-Care Protection Plan. Price to be announced.