Third-party preamps with Bryston amps?

WilsonDADA

Re: Third-party preamps with Bryston amps?
« Reply #60 on: 18 Mar 2019, 03:00 pm »
Thanks for the reply. The replies showed that i need to pay attention and be careful if i really try a passive amp for my 4B3. In fact, I audited  Bespoke (a British passive amp) and was attracted by its performance. So put it on the list.
For these few weeks, just borrowed Jeff Rowland Synergy IIi for home audition. And it sounds great and work well with 4B3. So once again, before making any decision, need some more time for selection and considerations.
Thanks for the advice.
After using Rowland Synergy IIi for 7 months, now already moved to Bespoke Passive pre amp...
No problem in matching with my 4B3....the gain still 23db.....
Enjoy the new combination now with a straight output from the source and dac and music comes lively.....

sfraser

« Reply #61 on: 18 Mar 2019, 03:36 pm »
My 2 hifi  main systems have turned into AV systems. The exception is my home office where I have BP-25 feeding a old Carver 1.0t Amp, which are firing a pair of PMC TB2's.  My upstairs AV system has a Emotiva prepro feeding a 9B-st firing a pair of PSB Stratus Goldi's. the Downstairs system/man cave/ Lazy Eye bar is currently under reno's but will likely be retro fitted with an Outlaw 976 prepro feeding a 3B firing a pair of heavily modded Klipsch La Scala's . I have a pair of 2B-Lp's which will handle the surround and center channels. I also have a pair of old 4B's which I may run in mono mode to fire a pair of 18" passive Electro Voice subwoofer bins.......ahem ...the wife said I could do what I want in man cave ; ) . We will see what it sounds like. My neighbours enjoy great music, whether they like it or not.

Wallacefl

« Reply #62 on: 21 Mar 2019, 09:09 pm »
Had an Adcom GFP-750 for awhile and in passive mode with my 14 BSST the clarity was amazing thru my Martin Logan CLS2Z.

bobf

« Reply #63 on: 24 Mar 2019, 05:32 pm »
Sonic Frontier Line 1 preamp running into a Bryston 4B cubed feeding Bryston Mini T speakers. Using balanced cables. Phase and mono also.
Sounds very tasty.

smweber2

« Reply #64 on: 30 Nov 2019, 01:01 am »
ARC Ref 5SE with 7B3 amps.  I agree that the Vac-tube pre and SS amp combo can be great.

I am using the same combo with great results.  Very happy with the ARC - Bryston synergy.

veloceleste

« Reply #65 on: 30 Nov 2019, 04:23 am »
Linear Tube Audio (LTA) MZ2S headphone amp/integrated/pre-amp into Bryston 2.5Bsst2 driving Klipsch Chorus II or Mini T's.

HifiDan

« Reply #66 on: 12 Dec 2019, 11:11 pm »
Hi, my previous pre was Hovland HP-100 with 14bsst-2, really somptuous sound, now using YBA 1 Alpha with special power supply. Sound is more clinical but very precise.
Cheers

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #67 on: 14 Dec 2019, 05:46 pm »

BP16DA - 14B SST

B60 pre + 2x 3B NRB

Hififreak

• www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #68 on: 14 Dec 2019, 06:50 pm »
And to make it easy for yourself ..........................

Bryston B60SST.  ;-)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #69 on: 14 Dec 2019, 10:18 pm »
I'm impressed HiFi !!!

james

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #70 on: 14 Dec 2019, 11:25 pm »
When this thread started, almost two years ago, I was using a BP6, Since, I've tried several non-Bryson preamps, including a Parasound , Nad and Cambridge.  Coming back to Bryston, I invested in both a BP-26 and a BP17 cubed - - - and upgraded the amp from a 4B SST2 to a 4B cubed.   (Thiel 2.7 speakers plus an SS2.2 Sub)

I only listen to classical RedBook CDs, and, for me, the BP 17 is all I'd ever want. Every now and then, I get the feeliing  I'm back in  the Great Hall of the Musikverein, listening to the Vienna Philaharmonic.

Conversely, my son, more into Jazz, Contemporary,  R&B, Country and Rock,  clearly prefers the BP-26.  I guess it may be the slight mid-bass boost. He likes it, but I think it slightly distorts the lower mid and bass.  (No, I don''t need hearing aids.)

In either way, in his opinion and mine, we prefer the  Bryston preamps - - plus the 4B cubed.   

Hififreak

• www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #71 on: 15 Dec 2019, 08:13 am »
I'm impressed HiFi !!!

james

Thanks!   :)