Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.

taoggniklat

Re: Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.
« Reply #440 on: 28 Oct 2010, 05:32 am »
Oh yeah! You have the super cute daughter! You are a braver man than I. I told my wife to take the baby and go out of town so I didn't have any extra stuff to worry about, just the show.  :green: Your wife is a saint to carry you daughter around in that chest harness the entire show.  :o

Well She had never been to an event like this and I wanted her to just get a glimpse of the world of audio. She actually enjoyed it even tho she was apprehensive about going. It actually was kind of nice to have her with me. She of course did not have any bias or knowledge of the brands so to her each room was a blank canvas...and she was able to share her first impressions, which I found refreshing.

I don't know if she will go next year as it is really "not her thing" but at least she understands my obsession with quality sound now. :)

Pez

« Reply #441 on: 28 Oct 2010, 05:48 am »
That's great that she is willing to go along with you. I always tell my single friends "every man has his BS, whether it's golf, Star Trek, or audiophilia. It's not important that your S.O. embraces your BS, it's just important that she gives you the latitude to enjoy it." Seems you've got one like that.  8)

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #442 on: 28 Oct 2010, 03:26 pm »
Well She had never been to an event like this and I wanted her to just get a glimpse of the world of audio. She actually enjoyed it even tho she was apprehensive about going. It actually was kind of nice to have her with me. She of course did not have any bias or knowledge of the brands so to her each room was a blank canvas...and she was able to share her first impressions, which I found refreshing.

I don't know if she will go next year as it is really "not her thing" but at least she understands my obsession with quality sound now. :)
I think I remember seeing you three.  I thought to myself "How cool is that!"  You are a blessed man.  I am, too.  My wife enjoys my hobby/obsession/career as much as I.

Dave

jriggy

« Reply #443 on: 31 Oct 2010, 04:39 pm »
So, was there no showing of Manley Labs @ this years RMAF??? If not, I wonder why... Just nothing new to show?

omasciarotte

Re: Manley not at RMAF
« Reply #444 on: 10 Nov 2010, 05:16 pm »
So, was there no showing of Manley Labs @ this years RMAF??? If not, I wonder why... Just nothing new to show?

Not sure about new product intros but, I saw EveAnna at the recent SF AES. Maybe they just wanted to save some $$. There are so many trade shows, marketing folks have to choose carefully which ones to attend.
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2010, 12:27 am by omasciarotte »

ionbogie

« Reply #445 on: 25 Nov 2010, 01:37 pm »
The butcher-block speakers with the Scan woofs and the RAAL are hand-made (no CNC) by 'Bogdan'  www.bogdanaudiocreations.com.
Sounded quite good, but pricey. The larger speakers are apparently $17k, but I'm not sure what the ones pictured go for.