Just joined

sstangss1

Just joined
« on: 11 May 2021, 03:10 am »
Just joined this group and hope learn a lot. Currently running Emotiva mono blocks, Oppo105, RT707 reel to reel, Goldenear Triton One's.
About begin an adventure in building a dedicated listening room.

SlushPuppy

Re: Just joined
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2021, 07:46 am »
Welcome aboard!

That's a nice system that will sound great in a dedicated listening room. I have a lot of GIK room treatments that took the terrible listening space in my last house into something that sounded pretty terrific. If you decide to go DIY there is a lot of information in this forum. Please post pics along the way.

BTW, those Goldenear Triton loudspeakers are really special. Over the past five years I've owned several well-reviewed speakers and my One.R's are the only ones I feel like I could keep for the long haul. Best bang for the buck in all of hi-fi in my opinion.

Cheers!

Slush

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2021, 11:04 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2021, 11:12 am »
Welcome!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2021, 11:38 am »
Welcome!

I built a dedicated room 16 years ago.  Suggest starting with the "right" shape (avoid small/squarish spaces, mine is 8ft x 13ft x 21ft - Fibonacci ratios).  Bigger is better if you can maintain a decent shape.  Insulate (I used insulated staggered stud interior partitions, insulated fiberglass exterior door with weather seal, and insulated/lined flexible ductwork).  My downfall was use of recessed can light fixtures, even with insulation above sound transmits.  While I was at it installed 3 cryo'd 20 amp hospital grade duplex receptacles, each on a dedicated 12 gauge/20 amp circuit, and grounded together, independent from the rest of the house. 

Recommend reading Floyd Toole's "Sound Reproduction" (either edition) to learn how loudspeakers behave in-room and prepare to add multiple subwoofers. 

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2021, 06:01 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC sstangss1    :thumb:

sstangss1

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2021, 05:26 pm »
Thanks for the welcome. Just recently joined the forum. I have been looking at NX-Treme build as a definite possibility for me. I having a 20x30x10 stand alone metal building put up to build out as a listening room. I live in the Houston area and would like to make a trip to Iowa Park to hear these if possible. Looking forward to learning as I go along in this process. I currently have Emotiva mono blocks and pre-amp, Oppo BD105, Goldenear Triton One speakers, Pioneer RT707 reeel to reel, and a Project Turntable. I have had some Decware tube amps, Prima luna amps, and Zu Audio speakers previously.

sstangss1

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jul 2021, 05:41 pm »
I will have the building on a separate breaker box from the main house and other than lighting and a fan there will be no other large electronics in the building. I plan to run ethernet cable from my modem in the house out and connect it to a router in the building as well. Streaming music is one area that I definitely need some coaching on. I am not totally tech illiterate but being 64 years old puts me a little behind the curve. I have tried to read up on devices like Roon and others. I enjoy the convenience of digital playback allowing me to discover new music and having access to endless variety. I do want to be able to try some high resolution options to see what they sound like in a good space.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jul 2021, 07:58 pm »