Bent Audio Remote ALPS for 24v Aikido

Abby356

Bent Audio Remote ALPS for 24v Aikido
« on: 15 Apr 2009, 04:58 pm »
John,

I am in the process of finishing up a 24v Aikido preamp and am considering using your Remote Alps module for a volume control (Assuming its still available for DIY'ers) . My question is whether or not it can be powered via the 24v wallwart that i am using to run the Pre-amp or if i need a second lower DC power source ? The info on your website has me a bit confused. One page says 8vdc-24vdc and the download for the module says 8vdc-15vdc. Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards, Daniel.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Re: Bent Audio Remote ALPS for 24v Aikido
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2009, 12:15 am »
Hello!

All my stuff is available for DIY customers! 24V is fine - as long as you let me know. The standard boards have 25V input caps - o.k. at 15V but not at the higher 24V level. I like to never use caps much over 1/2 the voltage rating - except in tube amps where the voltages are so high that double the rating would get kinda nuts.  Just let me know when you order and I'll pop 50V caps in there. It then regulates down to 5V from there for the control logic on the pcb.

Thansk!

John

Abby356

Re: Bent Audio Remote ALPS for 24v Aikido
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2009, 02:40 am »
John,

Thank you for the quick response. Sounds like a perfect fit for my project. I will send a PM to get the transaction underway.

Regards, Daniel.