« Reply #20 on: 4 Jun 2008, 01:53 am »
Mark @ Polk : Speakers
Lazydays : Amplifier
Klaus @ Odyssey :  Pre-Amp
Jdodmead : CD Player
JAMn Joe : DVD Player
MGalusha : Turntable

Sonny & Arthurs: Cables

mgalusha - The Turntable arrived just fine although I would file a complaint, since the delivery driver left it IN the rain....no plastic bag. I luckily got home early and the outer box was slightly soaked but everything appears to be ok. I haven't opened it up but will take a peak tomorrow.

We're almost there guys....looking GREAT!

Mark

mgalusha

Re: The "Bunky" system.
« Reply #21 on: 4 Jun 2008, 02:23 pm »
mgalusha - The Turntable arrived just fine although I would file a complaint, since the delivery driver left it IN the rain....no plastic bag. I luckily got home early and the outer box was slightly soaked but everything appears to be ok. I haven't opened it up but will take a peak tomorrow.

Assholes. On the bright side, the TT and the dust cover are bagged inside the box, so they should be OK. There is a "how to pack" thread on Audio Karma and one of the posters mentioned this since you never know when the shippers are going to leave it in the rain. Seemed like a good idea for basically no money. Apparently it was the right choice. :)

Thanks for coordinating this Mark.

Mike

dorokusai

• Polk Audio Customer Service
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #22 on: 5 Jun 2008, 02:12 am »
Mike - I figured you packed it right, no worries.

I neglected to mention that Bob J sent some great CD's for William and they arrived safely as well. This is gonna be a really cool setup.....I'm getting jealous :)

Mark

arthurs

« Reply #23 on: 5 Jun 2008, 03:14 am »
Mark - I think KCI John offered to outfit with all new cables.  I'll ping him and verify.  Otherwise I can send some IC's, I think Sonny had SC's....

Sonny

« Reply #24 on: 5 Jun 2008, 04:23 am »
Mark - I think KCI John offered to outfit with all new cables.  I'll ping him and verify.  Otherwise I can send some IC's, I think Sonny had SC's....

I can get the speaker cables, but need to know how long and what connection to make for Bunky...

Sonny (Tuan)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #25 on: 5 Jun 2008, 11:18 am »
I neglected to mention that Bob J sent some great CD's for William and they arrived safely as well. This is gonna be a really cool setup.....I'm getting jealous :)
Thanks Mark. Glad they arrived safely.
I'd LOVE to be there when he fires it up for the first time. I'm sure a lot of us would enjoy that.
{I'm a little jealous as well} :lol:

Bob

dorokusai

• Polk Audio
« Reply #26 on: 10 Jun 2008, 02:14 am »

I can get the speaker cables, but need to know how long and what connection to make for Bunky...

Sonny (Tuan)

Sonny - I have no idea what the final configuration would be but can't imagine it being anything abnormal....beings it's Bunky. The dude is borderline crazy when it comes to placement ;)

10ft should do the trick and 8ft would probably be just fine. As far as IC's, 6ft should be a rough standard for most rigs. I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel, just get him up and running. I'd like to hear some feedback from this new rig ASAP....I'm jealous! :)

Hey, we can't cover every logistical issue possible so a line will have to be drawn at some point. I'm just offering a recommendation.

Mark

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #27 on: 10 Jun 2008, 10:01 am »
Hopefully the Candela and CD's will go out end of the week.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #28 on: 11 Jun 2008, 02:34 pm »
I hope so too Klaus.
I'm sure William is getting tired of that $20 boombox.  :(

Bob

dorokusai

• Polk Audio
« Reply #29 on: 12 Jun 2008, 03:12 am »
Do we still need an amplifier? I know that Anthem is a tall order for freebies.

Mark

arthurs

« Reply #30 on: 12 Jun 2008, 04:21 am »
KCI John said just let him know and he'll make the IC's and ship them where they are needed.  2 pairs of 6' sound right?

lazydays

« Reply #31 on: 12 Jun 2008, 05:18 am »
Do we still need an amplifier? I know that Anthem is a tall order for freebies.

Mark

you have not got it yet? It was shipped two weeks ago last monday. I had it shipped to the mailing address you gave me. It's in a wood crate (excuse my wood working skills) with an extra set of tubes inside it.
gary

lazydays

« Reply #32 on: 13 Jun 2008, 05:50 am »
we ran a trace on the amp this afternoon, and it's been setting in a wharehouse for at least a week and a half! Seems that they are waiting for a Fedex home delivery truck to pick it up. They promised to have it delivered within the next 48 hours.
gary

jdodmead

« Reply #33 on: 13 Jun 2008, 11:19 am »
Fed Ex Home Delivery sucks.  I will never use them again for residential. They aren't even part of Fed Ex, they contract with them and most of the contractors use rental trucks.
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2008, 06:30 pm by jdodmead »

lazydays

« Reply #34 on: 13 Jun 2008, 08:35 pm »
Fed Ex Home Delivery sucks.  I will never use them again for residential. They aren't even part of Fed Ex, they contract with them and most of the contractors use rental trucks.

what happened with me was that Fedex wanted somewhere between $70 & $90 to ship the amp, and I was extremely short of cash. My son ships stuff all over the world, and he said he'd take care of it. Fedex gave him a deal, and even relented on the fuel sir charge. But the one thing we didn't know was that they won't drop ship to a home residence. So it just sat in a wharehouse somewhere in Maryland for two solid weeks! Mitch did a trace on it, and told them to get off their butts, or they'd never get another shipping contract from him ever again (we sent it on a five day delivery, and was supposed be there in less than that). I thought that it was going to a company of some sort, and that's what I told Mitch. So maybe some of the blame can be placed on me as well. Problem I had was that Active Air dosn't do residential shipping in the U.S.A., but if it had of been in Canada they'd have had it in less than a week on the doorstep!
    So anyway if it's not there Tuesday morning send me an email, and I'll have Mitch light a match under the place the sun dosn't shine.
once again I'm extremely sorry for all this crap
gary

lazydays

« Reply #35 on: 13 Jun 2008, 08:49 pm »
Ok, I just got an email from Fedex about ten minutes ago. They said they were delivering it on the 12th. But I get the email on the 13th? here's the tracking numbers:
gary

dorokusai

• Polk Audio
« Reply #36 on: 18 Jun 2008, 10:33 pm »
Lazydays - I got it, safe and sound. Your woodworking skills are excellent! That's almost it folks....the pre-amp is the last major piece of the puzzle.

Anyone have some cables laying around?

dorokusai: Speakers

Mark

Sonny

« Reply #37 on: 18 Jun 2008, 10:37 pm »
Lazydays - I got it, safe and sound. Your woodworking skills are excellent! That's almost it folks....the pre-amp is the last major piece of the puzzle.

Mark

You know, I've been waiting for Bunky to answer me on what he needs for I/C, but i guess I do have a pair of 1m DIY I can send him.  Is that ok? or would you rather have a pair of Zu Jullian 10 ft cables with banana ends?

Let me know
Tuan (Sonny)

lazydays

« Reply #38 on: 18 Jun 2008, 11:25 pm »

Mark

My wood working skills flatly suck!! I can't even drive a nail (notice all the screws?) Those tubes are a matched quad set, and one of the tubes on the right bank is going south. Bias number is 325 by the way. When it's up and running it's a good little 40 watt amp, and maybe 97% of the Sonic Frontiers it replaced. I also noticed that there was no tuners offered. I think I have a couple Onkyos upstairs gathering dust should he need one.
gary

some young guy

« Reply #39 on: 18 Jun 2008, 11:40 pm »
I've got some interconnects I can give up. Let me know what you need and where to send them.  :thumb: