Bad times for Bunky.

klaus@odyssey

Re: Bad times for Bunky.
« Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2008, 09:55 pm »
William,

If you read this:

Same here.  So very,  very sorry.  Just glad that you and Courtney are ok.

Guys:  I'll chime in as well with some of my gear.  Why don't we all get together and see if we can somehow organize a new system for William for real.  Best thing would be a new thread.  Also,  not just the system,  but also software.  CD's,  CDr's etc.  I'll be willing to organize everything from here,  especially since I'll be in his area in about 2 -3 weeks.

Thanks,

Klaus

strider

« Reply #21 on: 22 Apr 2008, 09:57 pm »
Where does Bunky live?

He lives in Maryland, Glen Burnie I believe.

jdodmead

« Reply #22 on: 22 Apr 2008, 10:05 pm »
I could burn some cd's, what does Bunky like? Most of my stuff is Blues and Rock.

dorokusai

• Polk Audio Customer Service
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #23 on: 22 Apr 2008, 10:34 pm »
William,

If you read this:

Guys:  I'll chime in as well with some of my gear.  Why don't we all get together and see if we can somehow organize a new system for William for real.  Best thing would be a new thread.  Also,  not just the system,  but also software.  CD's,  CDr's etc.  I'll be willing to organize everything from here,  especially since I'll be in his area in about 2 -3 weeks.

Thanks,

Klaus

Polk Audio will donate a pair of loudspeakers, as William was a part of our family as well. Klaus, Let me know how to handle the exchange and if there is anything I need to know otherwise.

Is Merle the coordinator or you? Merle, you out there? We're right up the road from William, here in Maryland.

All the best William, we'll at least have some music on the way back into your life.

Regards,
Mark Nestor
Polk Audio
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2008, 11:28 pm by dorokusai »

jtgranby

« Reply #24 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:06 pm »
Mark

Thats great if you need any assistance just hollar.

JT

William full speed ahead thinking of you and your son.

Bigfish

« Reply #25 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:21 pm »
Bunky:

I just got on-line and read the threads about your loss.  I am glad to learn you and your son escaped unharmed; but so sorry you lost all of your belongings.  Please let us, your Audio Circle Friends, how we can help.

Ken

mgalusha

« Reply #26 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:29 pm »
Bunky,

Very sorry to hear of your loss but very happy to know you and your child are well.

I too can donate something to get you a bit of music once you have a roof over your head.

Mike

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #27 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:31 pm »
Hey Mark,

It's not important to me who brings over the geare.  Guess that you and Merle can coordinate that,  since you are close.
I'm just trying to get some donations together to make a complete system out of it,  and to get as much music together as possible.

I want to see first who can send what equipment,  and then I'll fill in the rest.   Soooo,  with the speakers,  that's awesome !!!!!

Late,

Klaus

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #28 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:31 pm »
If a relief fund is setup to help them financially, please post the info. I'd like to contribute.

dangerbird

« Reply #29 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:32 pm »
WCW,,, please let us know of any immediate needs,, clothes,childrens sizes etc,,will keep you and family in my prayers.

TjMV3

« Reply #30 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:33 pm »
I have extra Cobalt Cable interconnects and Blue Jean Interconnects that are still brand spanking new and sealed in thier original packaging/bags.  

As well as an extra pair of Cobalt speaker cables which were used briefly and are in excellent condition.

If push comes to shove and Bunky needs a pre amp,  I can donate my Musical Design SP-2B tubed pre amp.  It is the older one,  but it functions very,  very well and sounds great.

TjMV3

« Reply #31 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:39 pm »
How old is Bunky's kid?  Boy or girl?

I still have a lot of toddlers clothes (between the ages of newborn and 3T ) that are in great condition,  but my boys have grown out of them.  A lot of nice stuff which I was going donate to the Salvation Army.

I also have some extra plate sets.  They're not fancy smancy plates,  but they're in great condition. 

rpf

« Reply #32 on: 23 Apr 2008, 01:07 am »
If a relief fund is setup to help them financially, please post the info. I'd like to contribute.

As the gear seems to be covered, I second the above thought.

I'm very sorry to hear of this event but glad everyone is okay.

Rob

Gordy

« Reply #33 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:05 am »
Wonderful to hear everybody came out of it unharmed, my thoughts and prayers are with you Bunky!

I as well, please.   I love this community!!!

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #34 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:06 am »
this is awful.   :(  merle, if bunky listens to fm, i might be able to help out.  8)  otherwise, i can donate some cash/gift certificate/etc..

doug s.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #35 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:20 am »
Wow.... :o
Just getting on now....thats bad news. :(

Sorry to read this about William and his family....I wish them the best, glad to read their OK...and I'll help out financially....he's a good guy. :thumb:

Chris

mjosef

« Reply #36 on: 23 Apr 2008, 04:23 am »
That's really bad news...as a renter myself(without home insurance), I feel his pain.

In these circumstances, I see financial contributions as the best way to help the family. Hope someone will set it up... I don't know the guy personally, but I have seen his avatar around...and will contribute whatever I can afford.

lazydays

« Reply #37 on: 23 Apr 2008, 05:51 am »
here's what's gathering dust at my place, and any piece is yours for the asking:
I have an Anthem Amp 1 that needs new tubes (have a matched quad set to go with it)
an ASL 2004 preamp that has had the cap upgrade
a Music Hall #5
at least one digital front end
a phono stage will be on the shelf sometime in the next 90 days
a couple Onkyo tuners
plenty of cables to at least get you rolling

so tell me what you are going to need and if I got it it's yours
gary

lazydays

« Reply #38 on: 23 Apr 2008, 05:56 am »
William,

If you read this:

Thanks,

Klaus

Polk Audio will donate a pair of loudspeakers, as William was a part of our family as well. Klaus, Let me know how to handle the exchange and if there is anything I need to know otherwise.

Is Merle the coordinator or you? Merle, you out there? We're right up the road from William, here in Maryland.

All the best William, we'll at least have some music on the way back into your life.

Regards,
Mark Nestor
Polk Audio

tell you what; go ahead and count me in for a Yamaha SL1700 sacd player, and I'll pick a few discs once I find out what he likes to listen to. Also I have at least two sets of Synergistics Alpha cables that he's welcome to along with the tuners.
gary

dangerbird

« Reply #39 on: 23 Apr 2008, 07:32 am »
count me in as well,,cash donation,gift card, cd's/lp's,,just need to know where to send it.