MONO EXTREMES

bunky

MONO EXTREMES
« on: 11 Jan 2006, 10:10 pm »
I wonder how many folks on the Odyssey forum are running mono extremes in thier audio rigs ? i am just curious. please sound off if you do! thanks....WCW III

F-100

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2006, 10:21 pm »
Me :bounce: Me :bounce: Me :bounce:

djbnh

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2006, 10:26 pm »
Count me in as well.

rosconey

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2006, 11:02 pm »
i  do

kmmd

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2006, 11:16 pm »
Me too!

Sonny

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2006, 11:24 pm »
And Me!!!

pfradale

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2006, 11:40 pm »
Yep

John151

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2006, 11:58 pm »
I plan to upgrade this year.

peter59

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jan 2006, 12:28 am »
I have them, it has been almost the best decision I could have made for audio gear. The best decision was purchasing the LORELEIS.

buckeyefanandy

Amp.
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jan 2006, 02:46 am »
some day if I am fortunate I might get that far up the Odyssey Ladder.  Kind of doubt that because by the time I can afford that there will be some a newer model or upgrade that will be available at that time.  At this point I would love a pair of Khartago Monos.  Do they come as Extremes?

bunky

Re: Amp.
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jan 2006, 09:16 am »
Quote from: buckeyefanandy
some day if I am fortunate I might get that far up the Odyssey Ladder.  Kind of doubt that because by the time I can afford that there will be some a newer model or upgrade that will be available at that time.  At this point I would love a pair of Khartago Monos.  Do they come as Extremes?
Hey Andy, there is no room in the Khartago Chassis for the additional transformer and capacitors but having previously owned them before,i must say that the Khartago monos are wonderful sounding amplifiers in thier own right. thanks....WCW III

Radiator

Mono
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jan 2006, 05:10 pm »
I run the mono extremes, but don't have the benefit of high quality stuff upstream.  I was fortunate enough to see a set of B stock on Audiogon, and only about 150 miles from my house, so I went for it.  I love 'em, but need to upgrade my source and Preamp.....really want some tubes somewhere in the chain....

Radiator

byteme

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jan 2006, 05:29 pm »
I've got the extremes as well!  Loving them with the Lors.

Radiator, if you want some tubes in there check the deHavilland premaps.  LOVELY stuff - I've got the Ultraverve and absolutely love it.

Marbles

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jan 2006, 06:12 pm »
I beleive I have the MOST extreme Odyssey mono's....Symphonic Line Kraft 400's.....

They are with Klaus currently....

speedcenter

• http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/audio
MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jan 2006, 06:28 pm »
got extreme monos, never even got around to tweaking them beyond the power cords and adding some additional damping material to the chassis.

Peter

jkm

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jan 2006, 06:49 pm »
I've had the Mono Extremes since August but I think they are still burning in. (Had one replaced recently because of hum.) Comparing the Mono Extremes to the Stratos Stereo (what I had before) is like comparing Pneumonia to the Flu.

Nice to see people listing what they're currently listening to. I'm always interested.

James

F-100

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jan 2006, 07:36 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
I beleive I have the MOST extreme Odyssey mono's....Symphonic Line Kraft 400's.....

More upgrade, Marble???

tigzstudio

• Norah Jones Rocks!
MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #17 on: 12 Jan 2006, 07:52 pm »
Quote from: Marbles

Hey Marbles,

how did you aquire teh symphonic lines?  through Klaus, audiogon?

not that I would ever have the $$ for a pair. but just curious. hehe.
oh and about how much did they set you back?

btw Im loving my Stratos Plus!
one day I may be fortunate enough to get a pair of extremes!

Marbles

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jan 2006, 07:52 pm »
There was a mishap...won't go into details.

Since he needed to have them anyway, they are getting some upgraded parts.

I got the Krafts through Klaus...

They were Klaus's and he used them for shows.  Sherry, Klaus's now ex thought they were too big for their living room and wanted Klaus to get rid of them.  Once I saw them, I had to have them.

Klaus has a stereo Kraft 400 unit that must weigh 375Lb's or so.  It is bigger than a few dorm rooms I lived in at college.  He might let go of it for the right price.  If interested, you should talk to him about it.

F-100

MONO EXTREMES
« Reply #19 on: 12 Jan 2006, 07:59 pm »
Quote from: tigzstudio
Ione day I may be fortunate enough to get a pair of extremes!

There is a pair currently on Audiogon for $1800. This is a bargain price comparing to other amps.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1141867051