One of the best album covers

Don_S

Re: One of the best album covers
« Reply #20 on: 6 Sep 2015, 11:22 pm »
I have to say I find some people's choices of favorite album covers somewhat disturbing.   :o

Didn't you have healthy fantasies like normal adolescents?  :lol:

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #21 on: 7 Sep 2015, 05:00 am »
Yes, indeed

pehare

« Reply #22 on: 7 Sep 2015, 10:29 am »

hey where did my roxy music country life album cover go?
« Last Edit: 7 Sep 2015, 01:53 pm by pehare »

blutto

« Reply #23 on: 7 Sep 2015, 11:19 am »
....and then there is the treasure trove of Blue Note/Reid Miles cover art ( which has rightfully been hailed as some of the most iconic/important graphic art of the 20th century ).....

Cheers

GentleBender

« Reply #24 on: 7 Sep 2015, 11:45 am »
This has been a favorite of mine. Ween- Chocolate and Cheese 1994

Front cover

Back cover

Arcticdeth

« Reply #25 on: 7 Sep 2015, 11:49 am »
I have to say I find some people's choices of favorite album covers somewhat disturbing.   :o

Didn't you have healthy fantasies like normal adolescents?  :lol:

Linda ronstadt, hell fuc*!king yes!  She was one of the most beautiful, sexy women women I had ever seen on an album cover. I was much younger.  Then some famous names started popping up on album covers, the runaways, doro  pesch with Warlock & her solo stuff, what a woman! Joan Jett and those sultry "come bang me eyes", lita ford.

Let's not forget the Sears Roebuck 8 inch catalogue with a 30 page underwear, bra section, yeah baby!! \m/

Mum & dad had this Barbara streisand album with her on the back cover in these very very short shorts, slight ass cheek view, wow, she was also gorgeous, and that body would make venus jealous

And Sabina Classen of holy Moses fame, whoa baby, so beautiful! Yum

Phil A

« Reply #26 on: 7 Sep 2015, 01:32 pm »

Let's not forget the Sears Roebuck 8 inch catalogue with a 30 page underwear, bra section, yeah baby!! \m/

Now you're talking my speed (shouldn't get me so excited this early) and generation :green:

Arcticdeth

« Reply #27 on: 7 Sep 2015, 01:36 pm »
Now you're talking my speed (shouldn't get me so excited this early) and generation :green:

Yes!!  That's one for the wank bank ;)

Phil A

« Reply #28 on: 7 Sep 2015, 01:50 pm »
We had (those type of covers) them back then

Phil A

« Reply #29 on: 7 Sep 2015, 01:51 pm »
or

Phil A

« Reply #30 on: 7 Sep 2015, 01:56 pm »
And of course there's many others, including the Blind Faith album cover that caused quite a controversy and was issued with a different album cover in the US - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Faith_(Blind_Faith_album)

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #31 on: 7 Sep 2015, 02:20 pm »

Hadro

« Reply #32 on: 7 Sep 2015, 03:58 pm »
For those who want a print of the original art on the album cover Pumpkinman posted, it is titled "Ophelia" by Sir John Everett Millais. You can get it on Amazon and several museum shops.  Get the best print possible because the details are exquisite.

milford3

« Reply #33 on: 7 Sep 2015, 05:20 pm »
May not be the best album cover but it's sure the most recognizable ever.   And one of the best recordings ever made.  I don't even have to name the band.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #34 on: 7 Sep 2015, 05:58 pm »
For me, there was a time when then album art was key to a purchase. I can remember perusing the LPs at the record store looking for non-pop-radio that I  thought I might like that. Turned me on to bands like Yes where art led me to the music. Another I remember was Hawkwind. I'm sure there were many more. I guess I kinda liked the ethereal vibe...

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #35 on: 7 Sep 2015, 06:12 pm »
May not be the best album cover but it's sure the most recognizable ever.   And one of the best recordings ever made.  I don't even have to name the band.

A definite hallmark of the band.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #36 on: 7 Sep 2015, 06:42 pm »

Got to agree that this is one of the most visually striking covers... along with Linda Ronstadt standing firmly at attention!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #37 on: 7 Sep 2015, 08:22 pm »
Shoutout to my German days...local bands from Hannover (and I've met and known Rudolf S. and Klaus M. since I was 14 !!! they still live in the neighborhood)....Jane is my single most favorite German band.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jIF-8_VGSs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #38 on: 7 Sep 2015, 08:25 pm »
And people are remembering that Hypergallery is now working with noted album art artists to reproduce their art on art print paper and using the highest quality inks. All the Hipgnosis work is there, not inexpensive, but it's there.

http://www.hypergallery.com/people/Pink%20Floyd

Cheerio,
KP

Don_S

« Reply #39 on: 7 Sep 2015, 08:51 pm »
And people are remembering that Hypergallery is now working with noted album art artists to reproduce their art on art print paper and using the highest quality inks. All the Hipgnosis work is there, not inexpensive, but it's there.

http://www.hypergallery.com/people/Pink%20Floyd

Cheerio,
KP

Ouch!!!!!  :o Just checked a currency converter.  1 British Pound = 1.5277 in real money.   Wink2  :jester: