Tempest phono qualities

Arlequen

• - In Stylus Veritas -
Tempest phono qualities
« on: 16 May 2008, 10:25 pm »
Hello guys,

No one here debated about the phono section of the Tempest preamp .. neither Klaus!
That's stange!
What's the MC load of this preamp?
For example I like the Benz Ruby cartridge but I need 22.000 ohms to make her singing at her best
I have read the Tempest MC load is about 100 ohms .. how can I change this setting to load the Ruby?
Which resistence should I remove (de-soldering) to replace the two new?

Anyone here investigated about the Tempest phono section? .. All cold CD devoted? :(

Haoleb

Re: Tempest phono qualities
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2008, 10:31 pm »
Debate it?

Theres not much to debate. I guess its pretty good when it works. Personally I wouldnt know. Mine doesnt  :(

Arlequen

• - In Stylus Veritas -
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2008, 11:00 pm »
Maybe it isn't an interestig issue for you .. Haoleb
But I "only" listen LPs even if I own a very good Philips 883 transport and Philips DAC 960 modified with double crown 1541 chips
So I'm very interested to the Tempest phono section
Now I'm listening a Grado Prestige Gold cartrdge through its Grado PH-1 Phono Stage .. so I don't care about Tempest MM phono .. but I'm thinking to buy a Benz Ruby 3H so I need to know something more about this unknown MC phono section

Haoleb

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2008, 11:19 pm »
I think you read my post the wrong way. But Anyhow. If you want to delve into technical details about the tempest the best bet is going to calling Klaus himself as I dont think there is anyone else who knows it as he does or who could tell you what you need to change out if you wanted to tweak it.