Newest disc in the collection.

bubba966

« on: 25 Dec 2002, 07:13 am »
Got the 3 disc import version of Brotherhood of the Wolf tonight for Crimmus. Plan to watch it with the French DTS track.

It sounded really nice in the theater when I saw it last year. Can't wait to see how nice it is here at home! :D

djklmnop

« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2002, 07:56 am »
Hey Bubba,

Which store did you pick up the import version from?  A friend here at work has been looking for it for quite some time.  How much did you pay for it?

Let us know how you like the sound.

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2002, 07:08 pm »
Mine came from a local video store. They want $45 for it.

But you can get it direct from Canada here http://www.northamericandvd.com/ for $30+ Shipping.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2002, 07:37 pm »
Do you speak French?  Nowadays a French soundtrack wouldn't do me much good.  I actually studied it all thru HS and college; at one time I could read French newspapers and understand the newscasts, music, etc.  Not native fluent, but conversational.  Unfortunately, (many) years of non use have pretty much erased if from my memory banks.  I can't even count to twenty in french now.

Would be fun to get back into it in a way, if only to keep it from having been a waste of time.

Plus, I think chicks would dig it. 8)

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2002, 07:44 pm »
Me, French? :lol: Last I checked I could speak bad English, some Ebonics, and a bit of Canadian. :mrgreen:

But as far as French goes, no clue. That's what the subtitles are for. :wink:

But I saw it subbed in the theater, and I'm used to them on all of the discs I get from Korea, Japan, HK, Spain, etc. But I had to stop watching it last night after only 15 minutes or so. Was getting to tired to read the subs.

But what I watched so far sounded quite nice on the DTS track. It's also got a DD track in English, a DD track in French, and a commentary track in French.

PJ

« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec 2002, 08:03 am »
Northern Exposure by John Digweed and Sasha.

Perhaps the best electronic music CD ever. Its from 1996.

bubba966

« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2002, 08:59 am »
Quote from: PJ
Northern Exposure by John Digweed and Sasha.

Perhaps the best electronic music CD ever. Its from 1996.

Hey PJ, did you intend for this to be in the Music Circle, and not the Home Theater Circle? Best I can tell that's a music only CD, and not something to do with the TV series.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2002, 08:21 pm »
Got that Special Edition Memento DVD - haven't had time to open it yet

Also Donnie Darko, Blade Runner, and Planes Trains and Automobiles

bundee1

« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2002, 06:07 am »
Got Simpsons season 2, ET 3disc gift edition, Minority Report ( :cry: full screen must go exchange) all in all a good haul.

bob82274

« Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 2002, 06:56 am »
I got Minority Report also.  Frankly I was expecting a lot more discs from my family.  Oh well.  I think that this weekend will yield more gifts of this sort.  It'll be a good time this weekend with my entire extended family on my mothers side all together.

bubba966

« Reply #10 on: 27 Dec 2002, 07:01 am »
Is Minority Report worth watching?

I'm not a terribly big Cruise fan, and after hearing that they softened the picture to hide the CGI, I was in no hurry to watch it.

bob82274

« Reply #11 on: 27 Dec 2002, 04:55 pm »
I defenitly think minority report is worth watching.  Yes it does have its own visual style.  Its somewhat grainy and a blue tint to it.  This looks great in the theatres but doesn't translate so well to DVD (the grain anyway).  The story was by Philip Dick who also wrote 'Do androids dream of electric sheep?' which is what the movie Blade Runner was based off of (actually my room mate just had to right a paper comparing the two; he wasn't too happy).  My biggest complant with Minority report is the blatent advertising.  Some of it was ok as it blended into the background and added to the realisim.  Others were just out there glaring at you.

I might just have to watch it tonight.

WorldWind

• http://www.bobsbrain.com
« Reply #12 on: 27 Dec 2002, 07:12 pm »
My newest are The Producers and Wait Until Dark on LD

And on DVD Amelie, Run Lola Run and The Majestic

hairofthedawg

« Reply #13 on: 28 Dec 2002, 09:30 pm »
The Producers?  She Sheila?  One of my all time favorites if that's what you're talking about.    I can't wait to get my turntable workin so I can crank Doucette's Someday.  Producer's have some other good tunes too..I Can't Explain comes to mind, something reminds me of split enz too, have to visit the record store again.

CastAwayWilson

« Reply #14 on: 28 Dec 2002, 11:14 pm »
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005UW81/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/103-1187999-9696620?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

One of the best movies I've seen in a very very long time

Don't pay attention to the reviews, I swear they are devil worshipers on crack, the movie was awsome!

I've heard comments that people wheren't the best actors in it, HOWEVER I believe they did a better job then expected, they really played out simpler to the point where you'd believe they are real people

Its more then worth watching, I haven't seen the first one but it might good

Oh yeah and it has a lot of really low frequencies in it for tons of different sceens, in case  you like some bass too :)

booda

« Reply #15 on: 3 Jan 2003, 11:26 pm »
Finally ordered Platoon on DVD.  Also picked up Austin Powers Goldmember and Simpsons Season 2.  And, um some x-rated flics (Aria Giovanni)   :D