"Turn up, the radio. I need the music, gimme some more"

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
What's you favorite local terrestrial radio station? FM or AM. Commercial or Underground. Legal or Pirate.

mix4fix

• Facilitator
Re: "Turn up, the radio. I need the music, gimme some more"
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2023, 06:43 pm »
https://wbig.iheart.com/

"Big 100"

Washington's Classic Rock

newzooreview

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2023, 06:57 pm »
Has someone hacked the moderator's account on this circle?

In the last month or so it has been dominated by spam topics with clickbait headlines all originating from an account designated as "moderator".

This thread is both initiated and replied to by the same account.

If this is a tactic being employed by this circle and not hack of an account, my only hope is that such things are not done elsewhere on the site. I value discussions initiated by the members here, and if it just degenerates into click-mongering then we have truly lost the way.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2023, 07:08 pm »

In the last month or so it has been dominated by spam topics with clickbait headlines all originating from an account designated as "moderator".

If this is a tactic being employed by this circle and not hack of an account, my only hope is that such things are not done elsewhere on the site. I value discussions initiated by the members here, and if it just degenerates into click-mongering then we have truly lost the way.

Yes, AudioCircle has become very spammy lately. This "mix4fix" person needs to go. I don't know who gave 'them' moderator privileges, but it's getting a bit creepy here. I don't like it.....

mix4fix

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jul 2023, 07:12 pm »

Yes, AudioCircle has become very spammy lately. This "mix4fix" person needs to go. I don't know who gave 'them' moderator privileges, but it's getting a bit creepy here. I don't like it.....

I am the new Facilitator for the Music section. All I am doing is trying to make things interesting around here, including trying to make the new topics fun. I create the thread, and I post an example in order for others to understand the direction I am going. Everybody else seems to understand this and enjoys the fun. Please don't "crap up" any threads.

Thank you for all those who understand my approach and enjoy.

Locking thread. Admin, please adjust as necessary.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 6 Jul 2023, 07:53 pm »
I thing you are doing a good job.  And thank you for taking on the moderator role for this circle.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: 6 Jul 2023, 08:07 pm »
Yes, mix4fix is the Music Circle facilitator. I'm glad he volunteered for the gig, and I'm enjoying his approach. I'm learning a few new things from his offbeat threads and sometimes he makes me want to start a new thread of my own which I rarely do.

AC facilitators run their circles as they wish. It takes time for someone to settle into a new gig and build momentum and support, so let's give mix a chance. Participate respectfully and positively in the music circle and help him steer it in the direction you want to see. Nobody is stopping you from starting and steering your own threads in the Music Circle. I think that's the point of what mix4fix is doing, raising awareness of, and stirring up some fun in the Music Circle.

As a reminder, repeatedly making disrespectful comments about other members violates the posting guidelines and will cause account restriction.

Thanks to all for supporting mix4fix and for keeping the Music Circle an important part of AudioCircle.

(Thread is unlocked)

richidoo

« Reply #7 on: 6 Jul 2023, 08:24 pm »
I like WCPE in wake forest, NC. 89.7FM, 100kW. 24/7/365 soft-core classical music, always with a live announcer. Streaming 128kbps on the web and on their app. theclassicalstation.org
No ads, no news, no NPR, no BBC. No giverment grants so there is heavy begging for 2 or 3 weeks per year but they play extra good music then so it's almost bearable.

WGH

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2023, 09:01 pm »
KXCI - all volunteer community radio. No ads, No news, No NPR.
Real people, Real Radio 24/7 - 58 unique shows with live DJs playing what they want to play in every genre available.
https://kxci.org/

Check out the mornings playlist on the left

charmerci

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jul 2023, 05:50 am »
I don't do radio. I've decided to search for "new" music by going to social media and going through the album catalog of artists. (I really don't care for music made after the early 80's.) Yes, I'm a bit tired of the same hits from decades ago which is why I listen to the amazing album cuts of -as my latest example, Don McLean. No, I won't listen to American Pie for the 200th time, I'll listen to the hundreds of other songs. Buffalo Springfield, early Doobies , the Lovin' Spoonful, James Gang, etc. Hundreds of not thousands of songs out there not listened to.

mix4fix

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 7 Jul 2023, 05:58 am »
I don't do radio. I've decided to search for "new" music by going to social media and going through the album catalog of artists. (I really don't care for music made after the early 80's.) Yes, I'm a bit tired of the same hits from decades ago which is why I listen to the amazing album cuts of -as my latest example, Don McLean. No, I won't listen to American Pie for the 200th time, I'll listen to the hundreds of other songs. Buffalo Springfield, early Doobies , the Lovin' Spoonful, James Gang, etc. Hundreds of not thousands of songs out there not listened to.

This thread is for people who do listen to terrestrial radio, even on occasion.

WGH

« Reply #11 on: 8 Jul 2023, 07:34 pm »
....I really don't care for music made after the early 80's.
Hundreds of not thousands of songs out there not listened to.

All day Saturday on KXCI is the best, from the 6:00 am Morning Music Mix through the Blues show ending at 9:00 pm.

The 8:00 am program is "All Guitars and a Little Bit More." Today was a tribute to Jeff Beck, Dave read all of Jeff's interviews and wrote down all the guitarists he mentioned that influenced his style, then put together a show.

All KXCI's programs start out as a terrestrial radio station and can be streamed later if you miss them or live outside of Tucson. Today's "All Guitars" is available now, I don't think the first hour has a song that was recorded after 1980. Check it out, see how many songs are new to you.

One of the best shows on KXCI is "Soul Stories" hosted by University of Arizona history professor Tyina Steptoe. Each show explores the roots and branches of rhythm and blues. 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm every Saturday.
Remember - Arizona don't have no stinkin' daylight savings time.
« Last Edit: 9 Jul 2023, 02:27 am by WGH »