WTB Anthem AVM70 or AVM90

RuffTimo

WTB Anthem AVM70 or AVM90
« on: 20 Jan 2023, 07:11 am »
Looking for a deal on the top Anthem pre-pro models.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: WTB Anthem AVM70 or AVM90
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2023, 07:02 pm »
Not sure if you are looking new or used.

For new, you should see some good deals as they are trying to clear out inventory to make room for the new models (8k Series).

if used, I keep seeing things pop over at AVForums classified section.

Best of luck.

George

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2023, 08:21 pm »
The Music Room (an A++ reseller) has an Anthem AVM-60 11.2 Channel Processor for $1,454.48. No remote but they are available for $95
https://tmraudio.com/components/home-theater/anthem-avm-60-11-2-channel-home-theatre-processor-black-avm60-no-remote/

The most important items are included:
Wireless antenna, ARC system (USB Mic, Mic stand, Ethernet cable, USB cable), Manual, Factory packaging (Remote not included)

I use the AVM 60 and find it excellent. Never studied the specs of the AVM 70/90 to see what the differences are because my TV is a 60" Panasonic Plasma, a little smaller than what is available today but the colors are to die for.

The AVM 60 does 4K pass-through. I haven't seen any native 8K media, does it even exist yet? IMDB has a list of 8K movies but they are all old, not filmed in 8K. I recently saw Avatar: The Way of Water in 3D, the high frame rate scenes were beautiful. The previews also showed upcoming 3D films, one was the re-mastered 1997 film "Titanic" in 3D. The 3D preview looked as fake as the early 1950's 3D horror movies I saw as a kid. Will old films re-mastered to 8K look better or like daytime soap operas, too smooth, too sharp and not like film at all?

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2023, 02:04 pm »
I own a AVM70(non 4k version).  It would cost me $500 to have my dealer upgrade my unit to 8k.  I decided against this as I am not a gamer.  HOWEVER....if I were into gaming, I would not hesitate to go the road of the Anthem 8k units.  Like everything else, depends on your type of usage.

AVS Forums has an AVM70(non 8k) for sale at $2,550.  There is another for sale which was a 4k model recently upgraded with the 8k board for $3,150.  Keep in mind that Anthem does not have transferable warranties.