SOLD: Oppo BDP-83 Special Edition Bluray/DVD/CD/SACD/DVD-A Player

mchuckp

***SOLD*** on Audiogon for $265+shipping

PRICE: $299+Shipping (I'll eat the PP fees); Local pick up in Salem, OR works too,

NOTE on Shipping: If we ship in just the regular box, it will save on shipping.  If you prefer it double boxed, I need to find something that will work and hope that it isn't TOO big which will jack up the shipping cost.  I don't currently have a box that will work.  If you have an interest in this unit, reach out and we can discuss best way to ship.

If you are looking at this you are aware of how versatile and high quality the Oppo players were.  It's a shame they are no longer made.  This unit is a "Special Edition" meaning it has an upgraded analog out section utilizing ESS Sabre Chips and a better power supply.  You can still use all the digital outputs to a DAC or receiver but it is only the analog outs that will give you the "special edition" treatment.  This review gives some good detail about what was changed and thoughts on performance.  Please note that my unit was a standard BDP83 that was sent to Oppo for this upgrade for a charge.  They applied several nice stickers referencing the upgrade on the unit (see pix).

https://hometheaterreview.com/oppo-digital-bdp-83-universal-player-reviewed-1/

I'm the sole owner of this unit.  I took it out of my rack roughly a year and a half ago since I wasn't using it much (moved to streaming) and got a 4K player for my TV. Time to let it go...

Condition:
Physical - I don't see anything nicks, scratches, etc.  If one looked really closely, guessing there is something somewhere.  In short, in great shape.
Playability - I play tested it before making this post with a bluray disc via HDMI.  I hooked up audio via Coaxial to my DAC and then the analog left/right directly to preamp.  Both worked perfectly.  I did not test optical, usb, etc but have no reason to think they don't work. 

What's included:
The unit itself
Remote
original box (has Oppo bag that came with it to wrap it in)
Power Cord

It does NOT have the manual but it is available here:
http://www.oppodigital.com/Download/BDP83/BDP-83_English_Manual.pdf

Don't hesitate to reach out with questions.  You can also check me out on Audiogon under "mchuckp" to give some buying confidence,  I've also sold a number of items on here as well.

« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2022, 08:50 pm by mchuckp »