Sub 3 and sub 9's

ctsooner

Sub 3 and sub 9's
« on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:21 am »
Been told how awesome these subs are.  Very exciting to see them on the market and now his new mono amps are nearly ready to come to market.  I can't wait as I really really want those in my system with my Quatro's. 

This site has been dead lately.  Are any of you still here?  If so, what are your thoughts on the subs and amp?  Who has interest or has gotten them? 

dminches

Re: Sub 3 and sub 9's
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2018, 12:47 pm »
We are here but too busy listening to music.

I heard the new amps at Axpona.  And I heard the sub 3 in one of the setups there too.

I think both units will be well received by the market.

ctsooner

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2018, 08:42 pm »
Awesome to hear. Everyone I"ve spoken with who have heard them, including Richard has told me how great they are, lol.  I was told by a few, that the amps will slay most of the 30k amps they have heard with their Vandy's.  If so, that's a done deal right there. 

nrenter

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2018, 01:19 am »
I've always thought it would be smart for a speaker company to develop amps for their speakers (or just a subset of their speakers), particular if the input is limited to the balanced spec.

ctsooner

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2018, 04:05 pm »
I too like an active speaker.  The problem is that the US market isn't ready for it.  It's not good for business, so this is the best option.  Richard is making semi active 100hz down for the most part and now with the amps, it's awesome.  Teh best part is that this amp's crossover can be set down to 20hz I believe, so you can sell it later on and use it on any speaker system in the future.  I was told that is is better than any of the 30k down amps that my friends have heard and that's saying something, but as you all know, that's the Dutch in Richard, lol.

I can't wait to hear them. I will need to get a set shipped to my house, but will also now need a preamp to install into the system if I go that route.  Oh vey....