Weber Grill of a Lifetime

Charles Xavier

Weber Grill of a Lifetime
« on: 9 Apr 2016, 03:57 pm »
Weber came out with a new grill and smoker. I would have gone for it if it was 999.00 but 1500-2000 is crazy. They have pissed off a lot of fans with this

http://www.weber.com/grillofalifetime

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226223

Wayner

Re: Weber Grill of a Lifetime
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2016, 04:41 pm »
How have they pissed off a lot of fans? The other models are still available. BTW, I assemble Weber grills for my friends store. Great build quality. I have 4 Weber grills here at home, the Genesis-Special Edition gas, the Q100, the One Touch Gold 22 1/2" charcoal and the Smokey Joe.....

Gas for weekdays, charcoal for weekends.....way too cold and windy this weekend :(

'ner

ctviggen

« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2016, 05:04 pm »
Weber came out with a new grill and smoker. I would have gone for it if it was 999.00 but 1500-2000 is crazy. They have pissed off a lot of fans with this

http://www.weber.com/grillofalifetime

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226223

That seems too expensive even at 999. 

Woodsea

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2016, 05:06 pm »
I only buy Weber.  Used of course, because they last forever!

Charles Xavier

« Reply #4 on: 9 Apr 2016, 05:48 pm »
Price is
How have they pissed off a lot of fans? The other models are still available. BTW, I assemble Weber grills for my friends store. Great build quality. I have 4 Weber grills here at home, the Genesis-Special Edition gas, the Q100, the One Touch Gold 22 1/2" charcoal and the Smokey Joe.....

Gas for weekdays, charcoal for weekends.....way too cold and windy this weekend :(

'ner

'ner

Price is considered to high even for the Weber quailty

Wayner

« Reply #5 on: 9 Apr 2016, 07:59 pm »
Well, my first Genesis lasted 13 trouble free years. Yeah, 1K is a lot of money, I can't disagree with you there, but Weber has other, more affordable grills for those folks. For the "seasoned" charcoal grilling guy who wants the best, these grills will be what they want. I would probably buy one when my One Touch Gold starts to go down-hill. A friend of mine bought the full blown Summit, I don't know what he paid for that, but it was enough to buy a great-big damn amp, maybe a couple of mono-blocks, I'll venture!

'ner

ctviggen

« Reply #6 on: 9 Apr 2016, 08:34 pm »
It looks very interesting, but at that price, they're competing with a lot, including ceramic grills (which is what I have).   Maybe the Weber is better than a ceramic, buy you're also into the price where you can get two grills (one ceramic/Weber for everyday grilling and one for smoking).

As with everything, there are benefits and detriments and people spend their money however they spend it.  From my perspective, I'd consider a bunch of other grills while considering this one (and if it's like anything else, the "perfect" grill/car/amp/system usually doesn't exist). Even my ceramic, for instance, I'd rate as only "good" for smoking.   It can be difficult to control at times.  However, I went to bed December 31st with a pork butt in the ceramic cooker, and woke up the next morning to great pulled pork and not too hot of a temperature (less than 250).  And if I'd have had more time before going to bed, I'd have been able to dial the temperature in a little better.