Picked up a Ford Fusion

mcgsxr

Picked up a Ford Fusion
« on: 29 May 2011, 09:45 pm »
In the past I have posted about looking to replace my aging 1997 Accord, and wanted to post a couple of quick pics of what I landed on.

2009 Ford Fusion SEL V6, with leather and the moons and tunes package.  Picked it up locally with 54K KM on it (around 32K miles)

Added a tint (20% rear, 35% front), short antenna, and some smoked sidemarkers.  I carried over the tinted license plate covers too.

A good family sedan, and the Sync technology makes taking work calls in the car much easier.

Picked up the trunk liner, and cargo net, and the golf clubs nestle in there perfectly!

TheChairGuy

Re: Picked up a Ford Fusion
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2011, 02:32 pm »
Nice Mark - enjoy.

I had a 4 cylinder stripper model from Hertz over a year ago - drove 3 hours / 200 miles up and back to an appointment on a windy Winter's day in Minnesota - and I was hugely surprised at how solid the car felt on the roads.

Even the seats were pretty comfortable on it. I'm sure that the cheapest version Ford could crank out for rental purposes, too...and it was still well above average.

I'd found the ride on all prior Ford rentals (from old Focuses to various SUV's from Hertz) to have very unsettled rides - not cars I'd ever consider.  The Fusion really felt different - and good :thumb:

Seems to me Ford, Chrysler and GM may well be relevant again among car makers :o

Mike B.

Re: Picked up a Ford Fusion
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2011, 03:06 pm »
nice looking car.