bertdw

Re: Room Acoustic Treatments???
« Reply #40 on: 18 Sep 2007, 09:50 am »
Very reasonable prices:

http://www.atsacoustics.com/

8thnerve

« Reply #41 on: 18 Sep 2007, 04:27 pm »
Ethan, I can only think you were referring to Eighth Nerve with your quote from your website as it pertains to this thread.

Not at all. I wrote that long before I ever heard of Eighth Nerve. There are plenty of fraudulent and incompetent vendors of acoustic products, and a number of them are listed on my personal web site (for obvious reasons):

www.ethanwiner.com/fraud.html

And as Joel rightly pointed out, few vendors are genuine audio and acoustics experts as my partner and I are.

--Ethan

Thanks Ethan, as I've explained before, having measurements taken quantifying the amount of energy absorbed would be irrelevant to the performance of the Eighth Nerve products as that is not what they are designed to do.  Before and after measurements are the only relevant way to evaluate the Eighth Nerve products, and I would suggest the best way to evaluate any product.

Nathan

fluke242

« Reply #42 on: 16 Jun 2008, 06:55 pm »
Very reasonable prices:

http://www.atsacoustics.com/

Just wanted to 2nd the ATS recommendation (for acoustic tiles at least, not bass traps).  I just hung 60sq feet of acoustic tiles from ATS two weeks ago.  Very fun and a bit embarrassing that I waited so long on this upgrade - as it has made a huge improvement considering the small cost.

If you don't have room treatments get them...  ATS even has an online calculator to guesstimate your current and target reverb times. 

Bass Trap Question - in my listening room (aka livingroom...) I have a decent size coat closet in the back corner.  Could I swap the door out with a backless and framed acoustic tile to create a bass trap?  Maybe even fill some of the closet space with insulation or something?