Maggie 1.7 with Parasound HINT 6 integrated

Kurtamus

Maggie 1.7 with Parasound HINT 6 integrated
« on: 16 May 2021, 06:33 am »
Anyone using this combination?

I have been using some older Emotiva amps (caps are swelled and leaking after 10 yrs) that have 350 watts into 4 ohms.  The HINT 6 is 240 watts into 4 ohms.  I know that Parasound Halo amps are designed by the legendary John Curl, so that is a plus.

I googled and saw conversations about the HINT 6 and 0.7 & LRS reviews, but not much about the 1.7's.  I would appreciate any input from anyone using this combination.

Thanks!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Maggie 1.7 with Parasound HINT 6 integrated
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2021, 02:07 pm »
  Simply cannot go wrong. VG synergy.

charles

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2021, 08:29 pm »
You should be fine.  I used a Parasound A21 (400 wpc at 4 ohms) with my 1.6's and it sounded very good.  You may not be able to  play as loud (very loud volumes) as the Emotiva's but it should sound better.  Maggies soak up power and current.  My 1.6's play louder with my Pass amp at 500 wpc at 4 ohms.

By the way, not all Halo amps are designed by John Curl.  The A23 was not.  He mainly designed the JC line with trickle down to the A21.  I don't know about the HINT.

johnto

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2021, 02:15 am »
The Hint and 1.7 are a match made in heaven. I had the Hint 5 with a pair and the sound was amazing hopefully you have made the purchase and are enjoying these great music makers.