Cooler weather, turned PS Audio P600 back on. 'Liquid...'

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Summer is certainly gone. So I turned my PS Audio P600 power regenerator back on.
Plugged the CD transport in and immediately I noted the sound is more liquid.
During the Summer this year for the first time I shut off the PS Audio P600 to save energy costs. (the cost of the rather warm running P600 plus the added cost of air conditioning to remove that added heat)
Previously I left the P600 running 24/7/365 and ignore the electric bill
Everything else is plugged into my Furman REF20 power conditioner. Both units have had all duplex outlets replaced with Furutech devices.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Cooler weather, turned PS Audio P600 back on. 'Liquid...'
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2021, 05:35 pm »
The P300 and the P600 run all the time at max power,  I think the owner manual may inform it, a kind of Class A.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2021, 05:49 pm »
That's a good point. Do we know if the Stellar P3 or larger P15 run "hot", so to speak?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2021, 06:31 pm »
I suspect yes due the heat warnings on the owner manuals,
but dont know if they run at max power as the P300/600;
but you could read it all and inform us:
https://www.psaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/DSP15-Owners-Manual-V1-Rev-A.pdf

https://www.psaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Stellar-PowerPlant-3-Manual-V2.pdf
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2021, 11:57 pm by FullRangeMan »

firewall

• None
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2022, 05:18 am »
The P300 and the P600 run all the time at max power,  I think the owner manual may inform it, a kind of Class A.

It's class a/b.

The amplifier is a two-channel class-AB bipolar transistor design using twin transformers.

Craig B

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2022, 01:02 pm »
My Stellar P3 is on all the time, and the case is warm to the touch, but I would never call it hot.

SET Man

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2022, 10:15 pm »
Hey!

Have been using my PS Audio P600 since 2002 I think, powering my whole system including my SET amps... one at a time of course. It can get pretty hot in summer time here in NYC with my SET amp and P600.

I think the P600 main power transformer is always connected to the power to power the touch sensitive on/off power switch, I noticed the chassis is warm even when is off.

Anyway, I unplug the P600 after every time I finish listening to music and plug it back in when I'm listening to music again.

Buddy