Electrostat deal, someone should buy these

Roger A. Modjeski

Electrostat deal, someone should buy these
« on: 20 Mar 2013, 05:37 pm »
For $1000 plus a my direct drive amp someone can have a great pair of ESLs. The transformer boxes that come with these speakers on ebay can be resold for a $250 or more each further reducing the price of the speakers. You can play them with any reasonable conventional amp till the DD amps are ready. Several have been made already. They are in Marietta Georgia. Let us know if you do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acoustat-MK-3-Electrostatic-speakers-/221203046206?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item3380ba9f3e

jimdgoulding

Re: Electrostat deal, someone should buy these
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2013, 06:24 pm »
That was my last speaker but with a light beige fabric that looked nice but the elements attract dust, so the fabric didn't look as nice over some years.   They played music nice, tho.  Imaging wasn't as tight as dynamic drivers can get it but the overall sound was captivating, lush and coherent.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Electrostat deal, someone should buy these
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2013, 07:07 pm »
You'd be surprised at how completely different they sound without the transformers and DD amps. Have not heard Rogers (though I would like to....)   but have mine with the matching Acoustat amps that were there before the transformers (heavily modified).  Night and day difference and bass slam that's to die for.

Bryan