« Reply #40 on: 20 Aug 2004, 11:27 pm »
Whats the laaest on MMK?

Greg Marberry

• http://www.av123.com
SOCS announcement
« Reply #41 on: 24 Aug 2004, 03:39 pm »
Quote from: PLMONROE
Whats the laaest on MMK?

MMK still has to be reworked to accommodate the changes we've made in the code.  It will definitely come after the full release of SOCS.  The "beta" is going well thus far.

:D

PLMONROE

SOCS announcement
« Reply #42 on: 25 Aug 2004, 03:45 am »
How about the room correction software Greg, any update on it?

Paul

Greg Marberry

SOCS announcement
« Reply #43 on: 26 Aug 2004, 03:58 pm »
Quote from: PLMONROE
How about the room correction software Greg, any update on it?

Paul

RCS will come after SOCS is fully released.  We're perfecting the measurement technique for this now.  It will be really cool how it's done and should yield fantastic results.

cab

now it HAS been 7 months...
« Reply #44 on: 5 Sep 2004, 03:36 pm »
since Mark's comments on the "imminent roll-out of SOCS" was posted here, and gee, what a surprise!!! still no product....

Guess I should be used to this by now. After all, we've only been hearing the same "imminent roll-out" BS for what, 4 YEARS now???

Ugh....

BradJudy

Re: now it HAS been 7 months...
« Reply #45 on: 5 Sep 2004, 06:43 pm »
Quote from: cab
since Mark's comments on the "imminent roll-out of SOCS" was posted here, and gee, what a surprise!!! still no product....

Guess I should be used to this by now. After all, we've only been hearing the same "imminent roll-out" BS for what, 4 YEARS now???

Ugh....

Having heard SOCS myself and knowing it is in the hands of several customers for final testing, I certainly believe it will be available soon.  I sympathize for anyone who has been waiting for the product since it was originally mentioned, but the long wait doesn't mean it isn't coming out now.

giorgino1

SOCS announcement
« Reply #46 on: 11 Sep 2004, 01:44 am »
Hi

I'm new to this particular part of Audiocircle. My main reason for being here is because I'm looking at room correction processors. I have the Musical Fidelity TriVista DAC and am thinking about using the P-1A processing module specifically for room and speaker correction.

There seems to be a little delay on the Pertetual Technologies software.
Would current owners of the P1 if given the opportunity, knowing what they know now, still buy the P1?

Rocket

p1a pt module
« Reply #47 on: 11 Sep 2004, 04:57 am »
Hi,

Yes i would still purchase the perpetual technologies p1a as it sounds better.  I have a modwright pt p3a level 1 dac which sounds very good on it's lonesome.  However with the p1a in the loop it does sound better.

I'm not sure though how much if any difference it would make to your mf dac. Has anyone tried the p1a with different dacs?

regards

rocket

giorgino1

SOCS announcement
« Reply #48 on: 12 Sep 2004, 01:45 am »
THanks for your Input Rocket.
All I'm doing at the moment is research. I have no immediate plans to purchase the P1A which may be a good thing - as it appears that this vaporware has been trying to solidify for some time. I feel kinda sorry for you guys who've bought the P1A/3 combo looking forward for some software news. The heartening thing is that the guys at AV123/P-Tech have held their hands up and taken it on the chin.

Looking at the extra cost for software, and portable microphone kit - the eventual cost of the P1A is getting awfully near the TACT pricepoint. If you factor in the "Hassle Factor" of having to send the data off to PTech each time you change a cable or component, the software had better be bloody good...  :wink:

Rocket

perpetual technologies p1a/p3a
« Reply #49 on: 12 Sep 2004, 05:09 am »
Hi,

You should consider buying one secondhand unit, the p1a has a switching power supply suitable for use in the uk.  This is what i did and i paid $450us including shipping to australia.

The p1a was a good addition to my sound system.  I'm am not worried about socs and probably won't buy it unless it sells for a reasonable price.

best wishes

rocket

Sean Parque

SOCS announcement
« Reply #50 on: 13 Sep 2004, 09:31 pm »
cab, I can understand your frustration...what can I say other than you are right.  We are not delivering so you have every right to be unhappy.  We DO have the SW in the hands of quite a few testers so the tech WORKS and it is viable.  Getting the last few % done has been the nightmare in which us P-Tech employees live ;)  At this exact moment, SOCS works and is available for Rocket RS750 Signature and Classic versions in 'pre-release' form for anyone that wants it.  Why only this one speaker?  There is a tiny bug that is alluding us...if you upsample in the P1 with SOCS running, there is a problem.  However, if you bypass upsampling in the P1 and send the correctied signal to the P3, it can upsample and it all works great!

Closing in on this bug now but I certainly will not tell you when it will be squashed ;)

Sean

cab

Perpetual Wait...
« Reply #51 on: 14 Sep 2004, 06:55 pm »
I am glad to hear SOCS is working for someone....What about the room correction which was promised 4+ years ago as well, when I originally purchased the PI/P3 combo?

The constant delays and non-delivery of this oft hyped but yet still undelivered product seem awfully close to fraud, especially when it has been 4+ YEARS since the product was released with neverending promises of delivery.

I would think the right thing to do for Perpetual Technologies would be to offer SUBSTANTIAL discounts on these products, if they EVER reach the market, for the original owners who have been waiting and waiting and waiting and....

Sean Parque

SOCS announcement
« Reply #52 on: 14 Sep 2004, 07:12 pm »
If SOCS and RCS never make it to market, all owners will be entitled to a SUBSTANTIAL credit.

Sean

Greg Marberry

Re: Perpetual Wait...
« Reply #53 on: 14 Sep 2004, 07:15 pm »
Quote from: cab
I am glad to hear SOCS is working for someone....What about the room correction which was promised 4+ years ago as well, when I originally purchased the PI/P3 combo?

The constant delays and non-delivery of this oft hyped but yet still undelivered product seem awfully close to fraud, especially when it has been 4+ YEARS since the product was released with neverending promises of delivery.

I would think the right thing to do for Perpetual Technologies would be to offer SUBSTANTIAL discounts on these pr ...

As has been mentioned before, RCS will follow SOCS.  We're currently fine tuning the measurement technique for RCS.

giorgino1

SOCS announcement
« Reply #54 on: 15 Sep 2004, 09:26 am »
What is projected cost for SOCS? Will I have to buy another piece of software for RCS.

Would I be correct in saying that each time I do a measurement for RCS or SOCS, the P1A has to returned to base? Will I be charged each time for the calculation?

Sean Parque

SOCS announcement
« Reply #55 on: 15 Sep 2004, 03:35 pm »
Quote from: giorgino1
What is projected cost for SOCS? Will I have to buy another piece of software for RCS.

Would I be correct in saying that each time I do a measurement for RCS or SOCS, the P1A has to returned to base? Will I be charged each time for the calculation?

SOCS will be available intally for $399 and going up to $499 within the first couple months of release.

RCS is another piece of software and will be $699 I believe and that will include the measurement kit.

If you change speakers, yes, it will come back to us to be uploaded.  RCS...If you move your speakers significantly or change rooms, you will need to re-measure your room.  You will not be charged again, your inital purchase comes with three measurments.

Regards,

Sean