« Reply #1360 on: 28 Jul 2018, 06:18 pm »
Radiohead!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Holy shit!!!
“One fan said, I really hope this is what heaven is like !!”
Best light show I have ever seen!!!
Impeccable sound !!!!
A euphoric show!!!

Read about it here:
http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/music/2018/07/27/Radiohead-takes-fans-to-heaven-long-awaited-Pittsburgh-return-concert-review/stories/201807270103

$40 tee shirts!! Really !! You need to rape us on merchandise??!! We bought 3 . Haha . I’m sure they figure, we know we can get it , so why not ? But still !!! They are plenty rich !! And could make profit from $25 shirts .

rlee8394

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #1361 on: 29 Jul 2018, 02:37 am »
My daughter took me to the Smashing Pumpkins show last night in Baltimore. Had a great time. Wasn't a real big fan of SP, but I enjoyed the show. They did three covers; Landslide (OK), Bowie's Space Oddity (Great!) and believe it or not, Stairway to Heaven! (Killer!). They seemed to strive, and succeeded IMHO, to get the covers authentic and close to note for note. Band was very tight.

Now I say "she took me" to the show, paying for the tickets and the two Uber rides from her place to the Arena. I bought her and her friend dinner ($75), beer, water, and popcorn ($25), and then gave her $120 in cash because she mentioned that she was broke! I guess she did take me!! Oh well, I'm her dad and that's my job. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!! Lining up the next outing in the fall for a Ravens home game.

-Ron

Delta77

« Reply #1362 on: 29 Jul 2018, 03:24 am »
Friday the 27th,
“The Catalyst” Santa Cruz, Ca.
For unknown to me Reggae bands,
1. Soulwise..
2. Roots of a Rebellion.. (burned their van down to ground on their way to California)..
3. Thrive..

rockadanny

« Reply #1363 on: 30 Jul 2018, 01:41 pm »
Friday night The Boys From County Hell at the Music Box Supper Club, Cleveland, OH, upstairs in their Concert Hall.
Local musicians get together once per year to perform a night's worth of Clash songs. It was terrific!  :thumb:
I am going to miss this place, especially Brian, Jay, Wes, and Nick.

A clip from that night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVItjkeCK4M

Strangeband

« Reply #1364 on: 13 Aug 2018, 09:27 pm »
August 10, 2018, Lakewood Amphitheater, Atlanta.

Napalm Death (actually heard just the tail end of this set while we parked)
Testament
Anthrax
Lamb of God
Slayer (stated to be the band's final tour)

Not to offend anyone, but totally not my thing musically. I took my daughter (she is a fan of thrash metal but because of disabilities cannot drive). The crowd scene was fascinating and very cool. I was not attired in the right clothing, looking more like what I imagine the crowd at a Gin Blossoms show would look like. Sound quality was not great, but loud, very loud. We used earplugs.

Slayer had amazing pyrotechnics and pentagrams galore.

rockadanny

« Reply #1365 on: 2 Sep 2018, 07:54 pm »
Stopped into my favorite watering hole "on the square" last night (Johnnie MacCracken's Celtic Firehouse Pub) for a nightcap and was delighted that these fellas were playing. Captured and uploaded video for you to enjoy as well ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jRIImtV6Q

RandyH

« Reply #1366 on: 2 Sep 2018, 09:52 pm »
Bob Scaggs. 8/29/2018

stlrman

« Reply #1367 on: 30 Nov 2018, 08:24 pm »
Drive to Kent Ohio from the Burgh.
Fantastic theater!!

Crash Test Dummies !!!

First tour in 17 years.

Fantastic show !!!!

k4rstar

« Reply #1368 on: 1 Dec 2018, 01:13 am »
Liz Phair at the Phoenix concert hall theatre in Toronto. Potentially great show ruined by terrible acoustics. the sound was distorted and deafeningly loud. I feel bad for anyone in attendance who wasn't wearing earplugs (I looked around and most werent). Even with plugs I couldn't hear properly for a week after the show. too bad.

rodge827

« Reply #1369 on: 10 Oct 2021, 08:51 pm »
Well we waited a year and a half for this!!

Casting Crowns with Matthew West at the Cure Arena in Trenton NJ 10/8/2021

GentleBender

« Reply #1370 on: 10 Oct 2021, 09:02 pm »
Well we waited a year and a half for this!!

Casting Crowns with Matthew West at the Cure Arena in Trenton NJ 10/8/2021

Looks like a great time Rodge827. I bet they threw a great show!

rodge827

« Reply #1371 on: 10 Oct 2021, 09:14 pm »
GB they did!
An awesome night of music and praise which I personally needed!
It was great to be around 5000 or so in the same boat!

WGH

« Reply #1372 on: 10 Oct 2021, 09:47 pm »
Rickie Lee Jones at the Fox Theater in Tucson, AZ on Sept. 26th.

She still has the magic.

mick wolfe

« Reply #1373 on: 11 Oct 2021, 04:00 pm »
Samantha Fish. Also in Tucson that same night (Sept. 26th) at 191 Toole. I'll I can say is "wow". Even the opener Jackson Stokes was beyond excellent.

Craig B

« Reply #1374 on: 11 Oct 2021, 05:12 pm »
We haven't been to any since seeing Mary-Chapin Carpenter and Shawn Colvin playing together back in November of 2019, but we're going to see Bela Fleck and Abigail Washburn in a small theater in Bloomington, IN, later this month. Very much looking forward to it for any number of reasons.

Samac

« Reply #1375 on: 4 Nov 2021, 11:20 pm »
Saw Bleachers at House Of Blues Cleveland last night. Went with my daughter who was attending her first concert. Bleachers is her favorite band and she introduced me to them.

They were fantastic . At any moment you had two drummers or two sax going; simply outstanding. Excellent crowd interaction/banter. The leader, Jack Antanoff, is a consummate frontman. Pure pop/rock perfection.

A great time with my daughter and a beautiful night to be out. I let her know that the show set a vary high standard for her to judge any other shows she might see. Bleachers hit the ball out of the park last night.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

aberman10

« Reply #1376 on: 13 Nov 2021, 01:04 pm »
Foo Fighters - June 20 @ MSG.

rockadanny

« Reply #1377 on: 14 Nov 2021, 10:09 pm »

Rolling Stones this past Thursday night Mercedes Benz stadium, Atlanta  :drums: :guitar: :rock:

Back in 1994 my (future to be) wife begged me to get tickets for the Stones at the Pontiac Silverdome (MI). I was reluctant because, after all, they were too old (back then), right? I finally gave in, though with low expectations for the nearly grandpas they were. Floor seats, row 6, center ... WOW! One of the best, rocking-est concerts ever! What a blast we had! So, this time around, my initial reaction was, oh no, not these, by now, great grandpas again! But only for a split second before mashing the buy button. I was again surprised by their ability to rock, although by now they'd obviously slowed down some. But still, it was enjoyable. Even though sitting way at the top in a gargantuan-sized stadium, the sound sucked big time. Perhaps the worst sound ever experienced. But still, its only rock and roll, and I liked it.

GregC

« Reply #1378 on: 15 Nov 2021, 02:44 am »
It is sad to see that the last posting prior to the recent 2021 postings was December 2018. 

I looked back and the last concert I saw was Billy Idol and Steve Stephens (playing an acoustic set at the Golden State Theater in Monterey)  That show was March 2019 before everything started to go to Hell in a Hand basket.  Later that year (November 2019) I saw the Russian ballet company do the Nutcracker in Monterey.

It is not worth the trouble to show a vax card and wear a mask to see a live show.  Thank goodness I saw hundreds of shows and cannot think of any artists I missed out on.  The only regret I have is missing Prince's last show in Oakland before he passed.

low.pfile

« Reply #1379 on: 23 Mar 2022, 08:16 am »
Refresh