Pre-New Zealand vs later Tables

PeterKK

Pre-New Zealand vs later Tables
« on: 19 Aug 2022, 01:40 am »
Hi,

I understand that there are 2 different sets of models for Well tempered: the earlier tables (Record Player, Classic, Reference) and the later (Amadeus, etc) with quite a different design. How different or similar do they sound (for someone that had the chance to audition both)? thanks again.

/mp

Re: Pre-New Zealand vs later Tables
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2022, 11:52 am »
+1

PeterKK

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2022, 09:02 am »
If someone has experience or auditioned tables from both eras I would be super interested to understand differences. Structurally there are differences between the tables in terms of the motor and plinth and would be interesting to understand where they lead, thanks again!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2022, 05:59 pm »
I have two of the earlier ones (Square Motor and Classic) and the fellows here said the later ones sound better.
If you do a search through the posts here they did comparisons when they first came out.

PeterKK

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2022, 08:15 pm »
Thanks Steve I appreciate your reply. I did look into the forum but will look again. My point was more of understanding differences in-terms of sound not necessarily better/worst as the early tables do sound great too (having 2 tables like yourself is a testament to that), cheers!