Dagogo SongTower review

jsalk

Dagogo SongTower review
« on: 12 Oct 2021, 01:50 pm »
About a dozen years ago, Dennis Murphy approached me about a speaker he had been working on with Paul Kittinger.  He thought we needed a speaker in the $2000 range and he had a design that would fit the bill.  I told Dennis there is no money to be had in a $2000 speaker and that I didn't think we could afford to take on the design with so little profit margin.  But he was persistent.  So after about eight months of encouragement, I told Dennis we'd build a pair and have a listen. Within the first thirty seconds listening, I realized that this design was too good not to produce.

Over the years, these speakers have won numerous awards and was listed as an Editor's Choice in The Absolute Sound for seven years running.  While no longer a huge seller for us, the design is every bit as good as the day it was introduced.

I was recently approached by Byron Baba, a Dagogo reviewer, who wanted to do a SongTower review.  Here is his report...

https://www.dagogo.com/salk-sound-songtower-speakers-review/

Thanks to Byron for taking the time to post his impressions.  And, of course, thanks to Dennis and Paul for their great work and persistence.

- Jim

artofaudio

Re: Dagogo SongTower review
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2021, 04:00 pm »
Congrats Jim,

Proof that one can put together a really nice sounding system without buying crappy speakers. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2021, 04:21 pm »
For those of us who have owned them, they will become legendary in the annals of audio. They do so much for so little expense. Always put a smile on my face when I played mine.

jd3

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2021, 04:56 pm »
A pair of SongTowers was my first introduction to Jim's speakers.  Over the years I think I've owned 3 pairs of them (at different times). I remember picking the first pair up at Jim's house on Labor Day weekend...and he didn't want to let me take them because they'd rushed finishing them and there were a couple very small flaws (which I didn't even notice...but Jim did).  I think that pair were among the first 5 he built.   I got them home and was blown away at how great they sounded.  One of the great bargains out there.