Finally heard some NX Xtreme.. WOW!!

glfrancis

Finally heard some NX Xtreme.. WOW!!
« on: 12 Oct 2021, 10:57 am »
VERY impressed. had a pair of h frame subs (2 stacks) to handle the low end. Probably the best speakers that I have heard. Huge sound stage. Fantastic detail. Not bright. Now if I can just talk my wife into 7 ft tall speakers  :thumb:

NoahH

Re: Finally heard some NX Xtreme.. WOW!!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2021, 11:12 am »
"Honey - I can paint them to match the room!"

Worked for me.  ;)

glfrancis

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2021, 11:20 am »
"Honey - I can paint them to match the room!"

Worked for me.  ;)

That is step 1  :lol:

Thankfully I have a supportive wife who understands my audiophila  :thumb:

I may bring her by for a listen but blindfold her. let her be impressed 1st

subsonic1050

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2021, 12:57 pm »
VERY impressed. had a pair of h frame subs (2 stacks) to handle the low end. Probably the best speakers that I have heard. Huge sound stage. Fantastic detail. Not bright. Now if I can just talk my wife into 7 ft tall speakers  :thumb:

I still haven't heard them, but that's about to change! Mine are almost completed. Drivers installed, wired up and one crossover done. One crossover to go and then they will be alive! I'm leaving on vacation today for a week and was desperately trying to get them all done yesterday so I could have them burning in while I was gone but just ran out of time. But I'm really looking forward to that when I come home!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2021, 02:49 pm »
The NX-Otica gets you most of the way there, and with a much shorter speaker.  Maybe try for the NX-Treme first and have the NX-Otica as a backup option.

glfrancis

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2021, 04:10 pm »
The NX-Otica gets you most of the way there, and with a much shorter speaker.  Maybe try for the NX-Treme first and have the NX-Otica as a backup option.

Yep  :thumb: