My Rediculous Nx-Otica Crossover

Badd99

My Rediculous Nx-Otica Crossover
« on: 17 Mar 2022, 01:31 am »
Went a little overboard. Never built a crossover before, but I knew I could do it. Can build lots of things and have my basement dedicated music room almost finshed (two years almost... Sneak peak below.) My room will have full qrd diffusion with ceiling absorption. I have so many led strips and lasers also in the room. This basement was cement walls when I bought the house. Did it all myself. 4.5" dental crown molding, four piece base, custom epoxy counter, all owens corning sound x2 layer insulated, 4x dedicated 8 gauge lines, full bathroom, full office to the side. Full Bar, sink, built in kegerator, mini fridge. Went all out.

In regarding the crossover - did all copper foil inductors, path audio resistors, changed the tweeter cap to vcap odam (combo for value) and bypassed with dueland pure silver. Got rid of the erse on the tweeter, changed to clarity cap with miflex bypass.

On the mids, bypassed the large sonicap with a 0.1 vcap odam and then again with a 0.01 dueland pure silver bypass. Bypassed the shutting cap in the mids with a miflex as well.

Used all kimber cable wiring except for the woofers. Will wire all the mid drivers and tweeter with kimber cable too. Will use Danny's wire on the woofers. Anyway, not the neatest board and had too much stuff to fit the tube connectors on the board so I'll just float them... I really don't mind anyway.

wb

Re: My Rediculous Nx-Otica Crossover
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2022, 01:50 am »
My basement is all blocked as well, plan to do similar. Your room is looking great, and I'm sure the crossovers will be fantastic when you get them nestled in the Oticas

GeorgeAb

Re: My Rediculous Nx-Otica Crossover
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2022, 04:04 am »
We need a slow clap emoji for a project like this. Well done!