Songs that Cream Your Underwear?

Mag

Songs that Cream Your Underwear?
« on: 30 Sep 2021, 12:46 pm »
   Streaming Amazon HD I heard this song and I creamed my underwear, my kind of song! Of course there are other songs that have that effect the first time you hear it. What song has done that for you?

I'd Love to Change the World by Ten Years After
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUsFm0BAu8&ab_channel=SeventiesRock

There's a story about a Japanese fellow who when he heard Deep Purple on the Made in Japan tour. He was in such ecstasy that he offed himself because I guess he figured he'd never experience anything greater than what he heard. I like to think the song was Child in Time where Ritchie Blackmore goes ape on the guitar solo, still think its the best rock guitar solo ever. But it could have been Highway Star or maybe it was Space Truckin' two other powerful songs as well. :smoke:

Jack the cat

• At the gates of delirium
Re: Songs that Cream Your Underwear?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2021, 06:30 pm »
Listed as genres of which I associate these tunes and are my musical preferences:

*Prog - Siberian Khartru (Close To The Edge) Yes
*Rock - Sweet Jane (Rock N Roll Annimal) Lou Reed
*Fusion - Quadrant 4 (Spectrum) Billy Cobham
*Jazz - Kind Of Blue (KOB) Miles..yeah the whole album, isn't this where we all start appreciating jazz?
*Hendrix - yep, The Master has his own slot - Bold As Love (Axis: Bold As Love)

these blew me away back when........

Question - so you've only just recently discovered this TYA song?
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2021, 07:36 pm by Jack the cat »

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2021, 12:20 am »
Yes, I like Sweet Jane too. As for Ten Years After I'm only familiar with Fillmore East and one other album I think is called Shhh! If I recall correctly Fillmore East was locked in a vault somewhere and only released like 40 years later, at least on cd. I think for me this album might have gotten more play than Made in Japan if I was aware of it. :smoke:

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2021, 12:22 am »
   Streaming Amazon HD I heard this song and I creamed my underwear, my kind of song! Of course there are other songs that have that effect the first time you hear it. What song has done that for you?

I'd Love to Change the World by Ten Years After
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUsFm0BAu8&ab_channel=SeventiesRock

There's a story about a Japanese fellow who when he heard Deep Purple on the Made in Japan tour. He was in such ecstasy that he offed himself because I guess he figured he'd never experience anything greater than what he heard. I like to think the song was Child in Time where Ritchie Blackmore goes ape on the guitar solo, still think its the best rock guitar solo ever. But it could have been Highway Star or maybe it was Space Truckin' two other powerful songs as well. :smoke:

Do you mean you heard this song for the first time just now?

Oh, and I'm not a prude or anything, but your thread title  :scratch:

Mag

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2021, 12:55 am »
Do you mean you heard this song for the first time just now?

Oh, and I'm not a prude or anything, but your thread title  :scratch:

Metaphorically speaking some songs have that effect the first time you hear 'em. I guess that's why I'm an audiophile, some songs put me in a state of ecstasy, like a drug, without doing drugs.

As for this song I don't recall hearing it before the day before yesterday. And I'm working the Night Shift so my yesterday. you were probably sleeping. 8)

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2021, 01:13 am »
Here's a song that sends chills down my spine every time I listen to it. Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy Jr. Not sure if listening to it on youtube will do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWpvMm27WIM

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2021, 10:57 am »
Star Spangled Banner

won ton on

« Reply #7 on: 1 Oct 2021, 12:01 pm »
Star Spangled Banner..........The Jimi Hendrix version