NFL 21/22 Season

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: NFL 21/22 Season
« Reply #40 on: 4 Oct 2021, 12:49 am »
The red hot Giants actually beat somebody!
I only saw the highlight reel but they looked pretty good despite giving up some really big plays.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #41 on: 4 Oct 2021, 11:58 am »
The "Homecoming" turned out to be a dud until the end, which was mildly entertaining with some field goals.  The bad weather certainly contributed to all the missed throws and dropped balls, the poor performances being understandable, but it didn't make for good televised sports.

The other unretired dinosaur looked worse with great weather.  Big Ben is a sad shell of his former self behind an offensive line that is offensive in every sense of the word.  Other than not having a viable replacement behind him there's no reason to not bench him before he has a devastating injury.  If this goes on for a couple more games look for Haskins or Rudolph to come in for the end of Ben's career.

charmerci

« Reply #42 on: 4 Oct 2021, 01:22 pm »
For now, it looks like the Cardinals are the team to beat. I've lived in AZ a couple of times, so I hope this continues. Did you know that an Arizona pro team has never won a championship?

rodge827

« Reply #43 on: 4 Oct 2021, 01:35 pm »
Football or overall? D-backs 2001 World Series Champions

charmerci

« Reply #44 on: 4 Oct 2021, 03:47 pm »
😬 oops. Forgot about that one. I was overseas at the time.  :roll:

twitch54

« Reply #45 on: 4 Oct 2021, 08:15 pm »
For now, it looks like the Cardinals are the team to beat. I've lived in AZ a couple of times, so I hope this continues. Did you know that an Arizona pro team has never won a championship?

Bills fans might disagree with you and yes they have yet to win a Super Bowl as well, although they did win back to back AFL titles in '64/65

jjss49

« Reply #46 on: 5 Oct 2021, 04:09 am »
really surprised the cardinals took down the rams, who looked superb against the bucs

more weeks played, cream is rising to the top

with 3 preseason games only, the first couple weeks of this regular season must be taken with big grains of salt... long long road ahead still, as usual it is a war of attrition, see who has what still standing by week 15-16-17

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #47 on: 10 Oct 2021, 11:15 pm »
Finally got to see the Giants play.
They're getting their butts kicked.

FireGuy

« Reply #48 on: 11 Oct 2021, 12:50 pm »

Bills exposed and confirmed KC's defense is "weak".  Buffalo needed a way better defense from last year and now they got it.  Killer combo that wins games, a lot of games.  I'll take the Bills for now over the Cards.  You'll have to outscore Josh to win.  That's going to be tough.

jjss49

« Reply #49 on: 11 Oct 2021, 05:54 pm »
kc was missing their best pass rusher

that said, josh allen was really something though, just spectacular

just hope he is still standing upright and in one piece by playoff time

twitch54

« Reply #50 on: 13 Oct 2021, 09:38 pm »
Bills exposed and confirmed KC's defense is "weak".  Buffalo needed a way better defense from last year and now they got it.  Killer combo that wins games, a lot of games.  I'll take the Bills for now over the Cards.  You'll have to outscore Josh to win.  That's going to be tough.

Completely agree, so long as they stay focused and healthy they should go deep.

twitch54

« Reply #51 on: 19 Oct 2021, 01:01 pm »
Completely agree, so long as they stay focused and healthy they should go deep.

LOL, so much for the focus last night ! The curse of the Titans continues ..........  :duh:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #52 on: 19 Oct 2021, 04:22 pm »
Not having a horse in the race I was glad to see a great game.  I did have the Bills in my pool, but I'd rather have a thrilling contest than one more win.  Fell asleep around halftime on the Steelers game Sunday night, what a time to do that.  Getting too old to stay up at night.

twitch54

« Reply #53 on: 19 Oct 2021, 04:49 pm »
  Fell asleep around halftime on the Steelers game Sunday night, what a time to do that.  Getting too old to stay up at night.

I know the feeling, but being diagnosed with mild sleep apnea this past spring and going on a CPAP machine I now wake up early and fully refreshed !

mcmusicman

« Reply #54 on: 19 Oct 2021, 08:04 pm »
Took all day yesterday to recover from the trip to Charlotte and the crushing loss in OT to the Vikings.  In our section we were in disbelief right before half time when Sam called two time outs back to back instead of a simple run forward a few yards to take the field goal.  We knew that was going to cost us and cost us it did. Ugh.  Coaching....just snap it. Then a hold on the pass and next thing you know its a punt instead of an easy 3.  Receivers dropping balls all day long. It was that kind of day.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #55 on: 20 Oct 2021, 10:32 am »
I know the feeling, but being diagnosed with mild sleep apnea this past spring and going on a CPAP machine I now wake up early and fully refreshed !

My brother's a big proponent of cpap machines and I'm quite sure I may suffer from sleep apnea.  But there's no way I'm carrying around a machine everywhere I travel and I'm not wearing that thing over my face.  Being retired I go to bed early, rise early, and enjoy taking a nap whenever I feel like it.  Daytime naps are our natural condition.  The whole idea of being at work at an exact hour and working all day without any nap time is a modern convention applied during the industrial revolution to hold workers at the factory stations and it's much more destructive to the human body than sleep apnea is.  Baring severe cases that are life threatening of course, but there aren't many of those.

twitch54

« Reply #56 on: 20 Oct 2021, 07:41 pm »
My brother's a big proponent of cpap machines and I'm quite sure I may suffer from sleep apnea.  But there's no way I'm carrying around a machine everywhere I travel and I'm not wearing that thing over my face.  Being retired I go to bed early, rise early, and enjoy taking a nap whenever I feel like it.  Daytime naps are our natural condition.  The whole idea of being at work at an exact hour and working all day without any nap time is a modern convention applied during the industrial revolution to hold workers at the factory stations and it's much more destructive to the human body than sleep apnea is.  Baring severe cases that are life threatening of course, but there aren't many of those.

Understood, I too am retired and when I do travel bringing my CPAP with me is no big deal.

One other thing to keep in mind, sleep apnea is one of the 5 leading contributors to AFIB. IMO that's a qualifier of a life threatening condition, for I know first hand !

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #57 on: 20 Oct 2021, 09:36 pm »
I think you might need to amend that statement to severe sleep apnea.  Lots of people not at risk are sold CPAP machines for quality of life reasons and in our pop culture anyone who snores is told by somebody they need a CPAP.   Sounds like that's not you and if a cardiologist was prescribing it I would make a different decision.  On the surface is an old scam, the fear then benefit pitch.  If you don't use this you'll die, but if you do your life will be so much better.  So I'm convinced folks with cardiac issues should consider it's use, not for me yet.

twitch54

« Reply #58 on: 20 Oct 2021, 09:44 pm »
I think you might need to amend that statement to severe sleep apnea.  Lots of people not at risk are sold CPAP machines for quality of life reasons and in our pop culture anyone who snores is told by somebody they need a CPAP.   Sounds like that's not you and if a cardiologist was prescribing it I would make a different decision.  On the surface is an old scam, the fear then benefit pitch.  If you don't use this you'll die, but if you do your life will be so much better.  So I'm convinced folks with cardiac issues should consider it's use, not for me yet.

Medicare pays for mine. My sleep study revealed I stopped breathing 46 times in an hour, considered mild-moderate. The advantages are huge IMO, much better REM sleep and I no longer get up in the middle of the night to take a piss ! As for chronic snorers, they are told they need a sleep study, again, no big deal, done at home in your own bed !

charmerci

« Reply #59 on: 21 Oct 2021, 02:29 pm »
Only if you use data, it won't stream on wifi.  For those of us not spending for unlimited data plans one game uses more than the five gigs on my plan.  Normally I use less than a gig so only buy the cheapest plan.  Plus watching on a phone is less than optimal.  However they do stream the Monday night game on NFL network over wifi.

Apparently, my friend says that the NFL app doesn't show the Thursday night games for the first 4 weeks. You can now watch them.