"desktop mini" How does this schematic make any sense?

jasondmx2

How does this schematic make any sense? There's negative lines that are marked positive on the other end and it's not jiving with what was put together in the video. The tweeter output is between the cap and inductor on the video. On the schematic it's on the end of the inductor opposite the cap. On the schematic the woofer negative has a connection to the 3ohm resistor. On the video all the returns connect between the 9.1 cap and .22 inductor

This is what I got from the video

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: "desktop mini" How does this schematic make any sense?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2021, 01:35 am »
Here's the basic schematic for the mini i just sketched up in two different ways. (Danny's already showed the full schematic on Youtube so I won't be hiding the values)
I've also included a version more similar to the way it would be laid out. hopefully one of these helps make more sense of what's going on.

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2021, 03:45 am »
Looks good to me.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2021, 02:47 pm »
How does this schematic make any sense? There's negative lines that are marked positive on the other end and it's not jiving with what was put together in the video. The tweeter output is between the cap and inductor on the video. On the schematic it's on the end of the inductor opposite the cap. On the schematic the woofer negative has a connection to the 3ohm resistor. On the video all the returns connect between the 9.1 cap and .22 inductor

This is what I got from the video

I failed tô read any thing in this photo.
But certainly the Hobbs schematic are reliable.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2021, 03:11 pm »
In the old days the ground side was also called "Common" because all of the drivers shared it.