RMAF?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: RMAF?
« Reply #20 on: 3 Sep 2021, 04:51 pm »
I was really looking forward to RMAF2021 and the show in general over its entire run.  It is hard to believe it is gone as we all have know it for 17 years.

It will be seeing everyone that I will miss the most along with all the music and gear.  :(

zenfishbike

« Reply #21 on: 3 Sep 2021, 07:07 pm »
Dang, I'll miss it too. I don't know how there can be so many viable gear companies when there is virtually no place to hear their gear. I realize the shows weren't the greatest place either but still, it gave you a feel. Internet "reviewers" pretty much all feel like a racket to me that I have trouble trusting (except for Shaun at Zero Fidelity). And even they don't come close to covering the available choices. While it's a bit easier to get my head around buying and then returning electronics that I may not like, it's almost impossible to think of doing that with large speakers. Ok, rant over, I'm banking on my yet to be built dual OB subs and NX-Oticas to solve that dilemma.

caryking

« Reply #22 on: 5 Sep 2021, 01:05 pm »
Capital Audio Fest is still on...  anybody going to it?

RonP

« Reply #23 on: 5 Sep 2021, 01:33 pm »
Well I guess this means Danny FOR SURE won't be at RMAF.  :lol:

It's sad news though.. With any luck the LSAF will catch on and get bigger when it comes back. :fingers crossed it DOES come back:

Barryg443

« Reply #24 on: 5 Sep 2021, 04:06 pm »
I usually go to Capital Audiofest.  I have been a volunteer at registration table.   I am hoping to get the clear from my docs about going this year, I just started Chemotherapy a month ago.  I am somewhat immunocompromised at the moment.  Always enjoy the shows and meeting others who share the same interests!  At minimum, I want to make an appearance.  Time will tell.

I was considering one of Danny’s builds before I got hit with this cancer!  Now I do not have the energy.  I love open baffle designs, I purchased a used pair of spatial audio m3’s for now.  I encourage you guys to enjoy the shows!

BarryG

Argoncat

« Reply #25 on: 5 Sep 2021, 05:13 pm »

I'm coming down from Maine to DC, that is happening, as for Capital Audio Fest,  I'm hopeful but not counting my chickens yet..

Barryg443

« Reply #26 on: 5 Sep 2021, 05:51 pm »
Fortunately, being west of Baltimore, CAF is still only a hop and a skip for me!  Depending on I-95 traffic could be a 20-40 minute drive!
Barry

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #27 on: 5 Sep 2021, 06:20 pm »

I usually go to Capital Audiofest.  I have been a volunteer at registration table.
BarryG

I'm coming down from Maine to DC, that is happening, as for Capital Audio Fest,  I'm hopeful but not counting my chickens yet..

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=174243.0

Feel free to post in the Official CAF thread.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 5 Sep 2021, 06:41 pm »
Well I guess this means Danny FOR SURE won't be at RMAF.  :lol:

It's sad news though.. With any luck the LSAF will catch on and get bigger when it comes back. :fingers crossed it DOES come back:

We don't really have any plans for conventions going forward. Its not worth the cost and effort. Especially when YouTube has been doing so well for us.

A lot of audio companies will need to start doing the same to keep up the the other industries.

It doesn't need to be the company owner, like Danny or Paul McGowan but many are do it thru independent reviewers to get their products out there.

It reaches many more eyes of all different ages, skill, knowledge etc. without any cost barrier to entry.

But that said, theres not many that offer the sort of info Danny or Ron do, even if you miss out on the more visceral experience that in person shows offer.

Barryg443

« Reply #29 on: 5 Sep 2021, 07:31 pm »
I agree, I do not miss any of Danny or Ron’s YouTube posts!  I hope Ron gets settled in and start posting more in the near future!  I understand the challenge of moving, especially with kids in tow!

BarryG

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #30 on: 5 Sep 2021, 08:16 pm »
Ron's currently burried in a big freelance project at the moment, so it may be a little longer before he gets back to posting any reviews/videos regularly.

Shouldn't be too much longer tho.

Barryg443

« Reply #31 on: 5 Sep 2021, 08:40 pm »
Ron's currently burried in a big freelance project at the moment, so it may be a little longer before he gets back to posting any reviews/videos regularly.

Shouldn't be too much longer tho.

In the meantime I’ve been entertained by his fried Randy (the cheapaudioman).

Have a great day!
Barry