My New stereo setup

rm1971

My New stereo setup
« on: 1 Apr 2020, 05:12 am »
Hi Guys,
             I'm looking to build my stereo system with Channel Island Audio and would love your inputs on this maker?

JohnR

Re: My New stereo setup
« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2020, 07:55 am »
Well, you're in the right place as the company owner as well as product owners are right here :)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2020, 08:01 am »
What is your source and speakers?
CD, vinyl, PC?  Need a preamp?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2020, 12:32 pm »
Dusty is a stand up, no nonsense kind of guy as are his products (just the way I like it).  He doesn't blow his own horn much.  I've owned his non-remote controlled passive pre-amp and two now discontinued pairs of mono-blocks.  Solid products - no issues with any of them, they simply work as they're supposed to with supreme neutrality (again, just the way I like it).  He replaces/upgrades products only when he sees a need, I like that too.

Dusty has years of experience in audio.  Over the years I've focused on companies with extensive histories and resources (R&D and in-house manufacturing) perhaps more than particular pieces.  Channel Island Audio is one of those companies.

Craig B

« Reply #4 on: 1 Apr 2020, 07:25 pm »
I had very early models of Dusty's phono preamp and DAC for many years, and when it came time to upgrade the phono preamp, I returned for the PEQ-1 MkII, despite a ton of available competition at its $1K pricepoint. As others have said, it's a great, straightforward company, and they put their all into their products, combining solid engineering and (I believe) listening, too. I get very neutral, detailed and lifelike sound from them.

mcgsxr

« Reply #5 on: 1 Apr 2020, 07:28 pm »
I’ve owned used versions of one of his DAC’s and the related outboard power supply.

Never an issue with them.

CIAudio

« Reply #6 on: 2 Apr 2020, 05:20 am »
Hi Guys,
             I'm looking to build my stereo system with Channel Island Audio and would love your inputs on this maker?

Hello RM and welcome to AudioCircle!

Along with members of the forum, we're available if you have questions or need assistance in choosing components for your new system.
Thanks for considering CIAudio products!

Dusty Vawter/CIAudio
(805) 984-8282

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #7 on: 2 Apr 2020, 06:35 am »
Well, this is timely.

I've been on your website twice recently looking at your preamp. I'm doing research trying to decide if I want a preamp or a DAC w/volume control. I'm still researching,  and I'm not yet ready to buy any products yet.

Michael

rm1971

« Reply #8 on: 9 Apr 2020, 06:49 am »
Hi everyone and thank you for the kind feed back .
I have decided to get the mono blocks and pair them up with the PLC•1 MKII Remote Passive Line Controller and PEQ•1 MKII MM/MC Phono Preamplifier.  All with the upgraded power supplies of course.

rm1971

« Reply #9 on: 9 Apr 2020, 06:53 am »
What is your source and speakers?
CD, vinyl, PC?  Need a preamp?

Hiya , my speakers are def tech D65 studio monitors , turntable technics SL1200M5G  , will get a CDP and can you recommend a good DAC to hook up to my laptop?

CIAudio

« Reply #10 on: 9 Apr 2020, 12:27 pm »
Our Transient DAC is a good choice for use with your laptop. It supports up to 24/192, has built-in volume control, and can run directly from USB power (no additional power supply required).

Nordkapp

« Reply #11 on: 9 Apr 2020, 02:17 pm »
Hi everyone and thank you for the kind feed back .
I have decided to get the mono blocks and pair them up with the PLC•1 MKII Remote Passive Line Controller and PEQ•1 MKII MM/MC Phono Preamplifier.  All with the upgraded power supplies of course.
Congratulations! You've done well!
Post some photos here...https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=168909.0

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #12 on: 9 Apr 2020, 04:39 pm »

Hiya , my speakers are def tech D65 studio monitors , turntable technics SL1200M5G  , will get a CDP and can you recommend a good DAC to hook up to my laptop?
I should consider any DAC with 24/192 and DSD-64.