What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?
« Reply #200 on: 30 Dec 2022, 05:03 am »
Birthday, retirement day, graduation day and as she said my last day.

Greatly pleases.  More base (the pans play down to 47 I nthink) plus the sma)er room helps.  Mids are much fuller and expressive.

I might be turning the volume up a bit and need to check spec on last pre amp.

It will still run you out of the room.

Alan

Bones13

« Reply #201 on: 1 Mar 2023, 03:13 am »
I am using a pair of Digital Amp Company Golden Cherry amps with 60W power supplies that Tommy converted into linear power supplies.

Sadly the main dude at Cherry Amp passed a year or so ago. I can’t find his website. A true loss.

I did end up going Class D though. I heartily recommend the Atma-Sphere Class D monoblock amps.

They have the pretty distortion spectra of tube amps, in light weight, cool running, small boxes. 100 watts really sing in the Daedalus, high efficiency, speakers. I preferred balanced XLR connections also.

Ulisse60

« Reply #202 on: 13 Mar 2023, 03:24 pm »
Greetings
I am a new owner of Ulysses here in Italy, my amplification is made up of Emm Labs PRE preamp and GamuT D 200i power amp, connected in balanced mode, for me an excellent synergy between the 2, because the preamp gains little, 6Db, and the power amp is perfectly comfortable, hookup made with xlr silver cables, great value product at a very reasonable cost, while as pre feeds I have Lisa Silcable cable, a local manufacturer, and a Shunyata Phyton Helix Alpha modified, on the power amp
 Dario