Sub with De Capo's

sjh500

Sub with De Capo's
« on: 10 Dec 2007, 11:34 pm »
Anyone using a sub with their De Capo's? I am interested in the Zu Mini Method especially, I talked with one of the guys at Zu and he said that the Mini Method would have no problem keeping up with the De Capo's, any thoughts on that? I want a sub that is fast and integrats really well as I will really only be using this for two channel. Thanks!

IronLion

Re: Sub with De Capo's
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2007, 11:44 pm »
Don't know about the De Capo's, but I currently use the Minimethod with a pair of Tones.  There is a Minimethod up on Audiogon right now for a pretty good price, though if you want to get a brand new one for a price similar to that one I believe Zu will soon be doing a holiday sale, and last year they were selling the Minimethods for $1000 I believe.  For my purposes, with the Tones, it adds a nicely defined lower octave with good impact and resolution (not the deepest extension though).

sjh500

« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2007, 11:50 pm »
Ironlion, what size is your room? My room is 13x18 with the center part of the long wall having a bay window in it so it gets about 1.5ft wider for about 7ft. 9.5 ceiling height.

IronLion

« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2007, 11:52 pm »
My room's 11x15.  The Minimethod should have no problem providing bass in your room, but as I said, if you're looking for ultimate extension down low, the Minimethod's not going to give you that.  The range it does cover however is tight and very musical.   

sjh500

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2007, 11:57 pm »
I guess as far as numbers go I would be looking to get something in the high 20's to lower 30's region?