The MacSandwich is...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
The MacSandwich is...
« on: 31 Jan 2011, 07:55 pm »
as I have told many people, the worst great idea that I have ever had from a marketability standpoint.  The darned thing just works too well to discontinue it, but I cannot continue to produce the Sandwich at the current pricepoint.  The 'Burque Bunch is tired of listening to me whine about the painting difficulties that I have.  I have to make some changes.

For those of you that don't know, I do everything involved with my products.  I design them, build them, test them, paint them and ship them.  I do all of my own customer support.  It is a time consuming effort and it is one that I am happy and blessed to make.  There are too many people that are without ways to make a living for me to complain.... much.  The problem is that I am getting a lot of custom work as well as orders for what I have: YIPPEE!!!  :thumb:  That is some problem to have, except when it comes down to not being timely in my supply and service to my customers and my consulting clients.  I pride myself in being dependable and my dependability has been suffering due to the intense workload that I have.  I build everything as ordered. I don't have the time to build up stock on items, especially when I make many small changes for customers to fit their needs.

Here is the deal:  my normal time to shipment from order on my standard products  is about 10 working days.  This will now be ~ 14 working days.  Cabling is a bit different in that I can usually fill an order within 5 days as long as there are no connector issues.  Furutech has been a bit spotty lately, especially on the FI8-N C7 IEC connector.  I am working to secure a better supply and hopefully this will work out soon.

The MacSandwich is going to three versions:

MacSandwich -  Textured Black - $199.00 + 12.00 shipping
MacSandwich -  Graphite Metallic - $279.00 + $12.00 shipping
MacSandwich Ultra - Machined from billet aluminum and particle blasted to a MacSheen  :lol: - Price TBD

I see no other way out of the quandry that I am in.  For those of you that want to take advantage of my current pricing of $199.00 for the Graphite finish, please do so now.  I will be implementing the new MacSandwich pricing structure On Monday February 7, 2011.  Be advised that it will take about 2 weeks for me to get them ready to ship from the time of order.  I have a lot of things in the queue.

I appreciate your support and business.  I have some new things that I am wanting to bring to market that are killer in application and I'm time strapped as it is.  If only there were more hours in the day...............

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: The MacSandwich is...
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2011, 08:01 pm »
MacSandwich Ultra - Machined from billet aluminum and particle blasted to a MacSheen  :lol: - Price TBD
Hardcoat Anodize is what you want.  Black or natural with clear.  The latter will give a grayish look. 

Dave
[/quote]

jhstn58

Re: The MacSandwich is...
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2011, 12:54 pm »
Ok. I give. I cannot find how to order one. I've tried the web site. I've tried to send Dave a PM to no avail. I searched the forum and googled MacSandwich.  I'm now a day late and $80 short, so, Dave, please tell me how to order one.

Jim