NuPrime Amp Comparison

Mystic Dragon

Re: NuPrime Amp Comparison
« Reply #80 on: 4 Nov 2019, 05:23 am »
ST-10 arrived. I am very happy with the sound. It brought out the strengths of the Focal 936 that I have not heard until now.

didge07

« Reply #81 on: 18 Jan 2020, 06:27 pm »
Where do the Nuprime AMG STA power amps feature in the comparison table?

rustydoglim

« Reply #82 on: 19 Jan 2020, 12:22 am »
We just did a critical listening with AMG STA + PRA.
The AMG should be almost identical to ST-10 on the comparison chart.
It sounded just like a Class A device and different from ST-10.
We will be publishing a description in the next few days.

glitchesbrew

« Reply #83 on: 29 Jan 2020, 11:18 pm »
Will a single AMG STA be a significant upgrade from 2 STA9 in bridge mode?

rustydoglim

« Reply #84 on: 30 Jan 2020, 02:01 am »
Sound quality = YES

glitchesbrew

« Reply #85 on: 30 Jan 2020, 08:27 am »
And will the STA AMG have the same level of sonic improvements the STA9 has when it is used as a monoblock?

didge70

« Reply #86 on: 30 Jan 2020, 09:59 am »
How does the STA AMG compare to the MCX-2?

I really like the MCX-2 as I have it. It is dynamic, with a little warmth and smoothness, has lots of bass slam and vocals are holographic and smooth.

rustydoglim

« Reply #87 on: 1 Feb 2020, 06:36 pm »
If you listen to rock&roll, AMG STA is not for you.
It is not our intention, but for those with spare cash, AMG STA is ideal for an alternate sound. It cost as much as one short vacation but you can  enjoy them a long time.

I have updated the AMG STA product page with Listening Impression.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #88 on: 1 Feb 2020, 08:47 pm »
Are you still working on a GaN based amp?  Some say the lower dead time/faster switching of GaNs equals better sound.

rustydoglim

« Reply #89 on: 1 Feb 2020, 08:53 pm »
Yes we are, in fact, our engineer assisted the leading GaN device company to apply GaN driver to high freq Class D design.
It sounded different, yet to consider better.  We have become so good at combining Class A transistors with MOFET Class D power stage to produce different sound characteristic, so I think it is a learning curve that we have to go through to fully utilize GaN devices.

Xlones

« Reply #90 on: 21 Feb 2020, 08:32 am »
Hello,

I just bought a pair of Tannoy Precision 6.2 speakers which I would describe as open and a tiny bit bright. Any good  suggestion for that kind of speaker.

I myself was thinking Raspberry PI > USB > NuPrime DAC-9 >XLR> NUPRIME STA-9 > Speakers

Since they are referred to as warmer than the 10 series.

rustydoglim

« Reply #91 on: 23 Feb 2020, 11:25 pm »
I think so, the 9 series would be a good match for your Tannoy speakers.

PBN94F

• Esprit-Racing
« Reply #92 on: 10 Apr 2020, 04:20 pm »
Good evening from France,

Say ... when is the update of the amp comparison chart with AMG STAs

I got two sta-9s instead of two sta-9s, it works !

I'd like to know where I stand at Nuprime ?

Genez

« Reply #93 on: 10 Apr 2020, 05:56 pm »

I got two sta-9s instead of two sta-9s, it works !

:scratch:   What did you mean to say?    Wink2

PBN94F

• Esprit-Racing
« Reply #94 on: 11 Apr 2020, 07:09 am »
Oups ... sorry ^^

my english is not so good  :D

i want to say, i have buyed 2 AMG STA intead of 2 STA-9  :)

PBN94F

• Esprit-Racing
« Reply #95 on: 11 Apr 2020, 04:32 pm »
Hey !

You know what ?

The Amp Comparison & Sonic Characteristic was updated with the AMG STA  8)

Nice  :green:

My second question was "Can y insert a AMG PRA between my Marantz AV8805 and my two AMG STA ?:scratch: :duh: :thumb:

John Casler

« Reply #96 on: 11 Apr 2020, 04:35 pm »

My second question was "Can y insert a AMG PRA between my Marantz AV8805 and my two AMG STA ?:scratch: :duh: :thumb:

The answer is YES. . . . and it should make an incredible difference in a high quality system in a good room.   :thumb:

PBN94F

• Esprit-Racing
« Reply #97 on: 11 Apr 2020, 04:49 pm »
The answer is YES. . . . and it should make an incredible difference in a high quality system in a good room.   :thumb:
when the fucking COVID should be terrrassed i'm going to make a deal with my hifi dealer !

Rhâââ Lovely !  8)

Some Audioquest XLR cables, one AMG PRA, one OMNIA WR-1 and i take my favorite chair to listen it !   :green:

gervit

« Reply #98 on: 6 May 2020, 04:47 am »
Hello, I contacted my local Nuprime dealer to order a pair of amplifiers for my Apogee Duetta signs.
I love the creamy, refined, complex and charming sound of my old Jeff Rowland Model 2. Although sometimes it lacks the crazy dynamics and demonstrative precision of my CLASSE CTM600.
The truth is that thinking of another type of configuration for bi-amplification I thought of a pair of ST10M in bass and the JR M2 in mid and treble.
A good friend recommended that for a coherent integration both amplifiers should be the same and there I thought that that option of the st10m would give me the opportunity to later add an ST10 stereo.
And although the basic question is whether two stereo ST10s would be enough for my ribbons , I was wondering if the new AMG STAs (with their necessary 200w at 4ohms) would be a sound match more in line with what Apogee do best.
Can anyone help me with your Apogee experiences?

Thanks and regards.

rustydoglim

« Reply #99 on: 6 May 2020, 08:33 pm »
Power = Current X Voltage
The misconception is that speakers such as Apogee needs a lot of power, what it needs is high current type of power.  AMG is designed to output a lot of current, so it has no problem driving Apogee.  That means, at the same power, AMG has more current whereas ST-10 has more voltage.
Some people choose to buy amp with ridiculous power (that includes Nuprime MCX series) but keep in mind that amps that are designed for such high power > 300W give up some refinement and details. Higher power = higher noise in entire circuit and parts.  That's why most Nuprime amps don't go over kill with power.

You should have the same type of amps if you are going with bi-amping (perhaps one stereo amp plus two mono amps). I think ST-10/10M or AMG will fit your need but since they sounded different, I suggest that you contact Jye at support@nuprimeaudio.com with your music preference.  He is our product manager and golden ear.  Support is a shared email so you need to address your email to Jye.