Captainhemo

Re: Gary Dodd update
« Reply #60 on: 14 Mar 2015, 06:02 am »
Great news to "hear" indeed  :thumb:
-jay

mono-tubeleosis

« Reply #61 on: 5 Apr 2015, 05:40 pm »
Anything new on Gary, Danny?  Just found this thread this morning.  I wish him my best.

Larry

Danny Richie

« Reply #62 on: 5 Apr 2015, 09:15 pm »
Anything new on Gary, Danny?  Just found this thread this morning.  I wish him my best.

Larry

His health seems to have improved greatly. Next is to get him back working again and to recover financially. He is set up and ready for repairs or mods right now if anyone needs anything.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #63 on: 5 Apr 2015, 09:22 pm »
Danny,

I came to AC only after his health failed, but I know many here loved his works of genius. For which components is he best known? What genius can he bestow onto components not created by him?

Michael

Danny Richie

« Reply #64 on: 5 Apr 2015, 09:31 pm »
Danny,

I came to AC only after his health failed, but I know many here loved his works of genius. For which components is he best known? What genius can he bestow onto components not created by him?

Michael

Gary is most known for his battery power tube pre-amps and tube amplifiers. Tubes amps vary from small battery powered units to big mono-blocks. He has built phono stages and head phone amps in the past as well. He can work on just about anything though.

If you guys want to ask him about something contact him on his cell: 469-263-9652

ebag4

« Reply #65 on: 5 Apr 2015, 09:54 pm »
His health seems to have improved greatly. Next is to get him back working again and to recover financially. He is set up and ready for repairs or mods right now if anyone needs anything.

Great news, thanks for the update Danny.

Best,
Ed

mono-tubeleosis

« Reply #66 on: 5 Apr 2015, 11:03 pm »
Thanks Danny,

Glad to hear he is doing better.  I feel silly asking, but I actually would like him to repair my Dodd monoblock.  One of them keeps blowing fuses. I'd like to send it to him (might as well send both to get the other checked out too).   That is if you think he's up to it.  I don't want to put pressure on him.

Larry

mono-tubeleosis

« Reply #67 on: 5 Apr 2015, 11:12 pm »
If there is any mods he could do to it that would be great too.  I believe my 50 watt monos and the battery pre were part of his first twenty in that line.  Oh and to anyone looking to get a masterpiece of tube bliss.  You can't beat any of Gary's offerings.  Works of art I tell you.  Built like tanks too.

Larry

Danny Richie

« Reply #68 on: 6 Apr 2015, 12:16 am »
Larry, just give him a call.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #69 on: 6 Apr 2015, 01:12 am »

Great news on a Joyous Easter Sunday!

Give Gary my best!

Thanks for taking care of Gary, Danny!

Cheers,
Pete

sfox7076

« Reply #70 on: 6 Apr 2015, 01:56 am »
He will never get out from under that debt without bankruptcy.

Captainhemo

« Reply #71 on: 6 Apr 2015, 04:30 am »
Great news on a Joyous Easter Sunday!

Give Gary my best!

Thanks for taking care of Gary, Danny!

Cheers,
Pete

Well said Pete ...

Awesome news 

jay

prokennex

« Reply #72 on: 6 Apr 2015, 11:07 pm »
Great news. It would be awesome to hear Gary is back doing what he loves Dodd  audio.