Soundirok App

Krutsch

Re: Soundirok App
« Reply #60 on: 27 Nov 2016, 05:28 pm »
Quick note on iCloud integration. I recently setup a new iPhone and I normally use an iPad to drive my audio stuff.

I enabled iCloud synchronization on the iPad and it uses your default account settings to store all of your MPD device settings, Intelligent Sets and Collections for any devices you have setup in the app (I have 2).

When I installed Soundirok on my iPhone 7, I simply turned on iCloud sync and tapped on the prompt to overwrite the local data (of which there was none - a new device). This syncing works in both directions, so I can create a new Intelligent Set on the iPhone and then it appears in the iPad.

And, it just worked. Epic feature.

OTM

« Reply #61 on: 27 Nov 2016, 05:37 pm »
neat
will give it a try

ClothEars

« Reply #62 on: 27 Nov 2016, 11:08 pm »
I bought and loaded Soundirok onto my iPad and I am very impressed.  I was using MPaD but it is a bit clunky when dealing with playlists.
Because I had set up my files & artwork to display properly on MPaD, Soundirok had no trouble displaying my artists & albums.
Playlists I had setup on MPaD were read and worked easily.

The only thing that I find on the downside is the font size of the display.  I'm an old bugger and trying to read the text requires a magnifying glass!
I'd be happy to see fewer titles/albums displayed if I could just read the text easily in a larger font.

I am using Soundirok to control my new SOtM SMS-200 in MPD/DLNA mode and it works very well.
Maybe the developer should get in touch with SOtM and offer his app with the purchase of an SMS-200.
I suspect that the SOtM will sell very well and Soundirok could leverage sales to this user group.
The combination of Soundirok and the SOtM SMS-200 into my DAC (Auralic Vega) has delivered the best sound I have heard from my system.

Krutsch

« Reply #63 on: 28 Nov 2016, 08:10 pm »

The only thing that I find on the downside is the font size of the display.  I'm an old bugger and trying to read the text requires a magnifying glass!

Agreed... that and the playback controls, underneath the album art on the iPad display, are small and are sometimes hard to tap accurately.

ellsworth

« Reply #64 on: 4 Mar 2017, 09:18 pm »
So after several years of trusty service, MPoD has finally crapped out on me. I've decided to give Soundirok a try. However, I'm damned if I can get it working. I've set it up with the following device configuration:

Name: bryston-bdp-2
IP Address: Correctly matches BDP configuration from front panel display.
Port: 6600
Password: bryston
Collection URL: http://bryston-bdp-2.local/music/
Cover Filename: Folder.jpg

After setting this up, the app displays "Soundirok is loading your music library..." and this stays this way until the phone auto-lock kicks in (5 min.). When I login to the phone and return to the app I'm at the main screen with my device name at the top. The same thing happens if I minimize and restore the app at any point while it's "loading" the library. If I close the app and restart it, it immediately goes to "Soundirok is loading your music library..." However, when I select Search, Library, or Playlists it just loops back to the main (blank) screen again. I suspect the app has not connected to my BDP-2 successfully, but how can I tell?  :scratch:
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Krutsch

« Reply #65 on: 4 Mar 2017, 10:32 pm »
So after several years of trusty service, MPoD has finally crapped out on me. I've decided to give Soundirok a try. However, I'm damned if I can get it working. I've set it up with the following device configuration:

Name: bryston-bdp-2
IP Address: Correctly matches BDP configuration from front panel display.
Port: 6600
Password: bryston
Collection URL: http://bryston-bdp-2.local/music/
Cover Filename: Folder.jpg

After setting this up, the app displays "Soundirok is loading your music library..." and this stays this way until the phone auto-lock kicks in (5 min.). When I login to the phone and return to the app I'm at the main screen with my device name at the top. The same thing happens if I minimize and restore the app at any point while it's "loading" the library. If I close the app and restart it, it immediately goes to "Soundirok is loading your music library..." However, when I select Search, Library, or Playlists it just loops back to the main (blank) screen again. I suspect the app has not connected to my BDP-2 successfully, but how can I tell?  :scratch:
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try disabling the auto-lock on your iOS device, until the library finishes loading; sounds like a large library. Also, like with MPoD, Folder.jpg is case sensitive with respect to what's on your BDP storage location.

ellsworth

« Reply #66 on: 5 Mar 2017, 04:01 pm »
Thanks for your reply Krutsch. I thought of that, however my phone is a corporate device so I can't disable the auto-lock, 5 min. is the most I get. Folder.jpg is correct. My library is large but not ridiculous (< 40k tracks). I'm not sure what the size of the mpd indices are, but MPoD was able to sync it up in less than 2 min. I don't think this is the problem though; I think Soundirok is just not connecting to my BDP-2. I changed the password in the device configuration in the app to an invalid one, and the behaviour is the same - the app still hangs at "Soundirok is loading your music library...". No indication that it is not able to connect. I also deleted and reinstalled the app, but no change. I'm thinking there may be a conflict with port 6600, but I don't know any other values to try. I may have to email the developer for more info.  :?

OTM

« Reply #67 on: 5 Mar 2017, 06:03 pm »
Hi
What if you just put a 500 or so songs on a USB stick and see if it loads a smaller library?

David

« Last Edit: 5 Mar 2017, 10:05 pm by OTM »

Barry in Calgary

« Reply #68 on: 5 Mar 2017, 10:05 pm »
Hi I had the same issue with the phone auto locking after 5 minutes, which wasn't long enough, to overcome this, I just touch and scroll the screen up and down for a few seconds every few minutes during library loading to ensure it doesn't lock.  After the library loads the screen freezes for a minute or so while album art is loaded, but all is well after this.

On my iPad auto lock turns on after 15 minutes so this isn't an issue.

Regards
Barry

Krutsch

« Reply #69 on: 6 Mar 2017, 08:43 pm »
FYI... Soundirok 3.0 on the App Store. Nice additions to the UI for browsing related content.

XMAN

« Reply #70 on: 7 Mar 2017, 01:41 am »
FYI... Soundirok 3.0 on the App Store. Nice additions to the UI for browsing related content.

Thanks Krutsch very nice improvement indeed love this app.  it's 2.0 i couldn't find 3.0

ellsworth

« Reply #71 on: 7 Mar 2017, 03:31 pm »
Soundirok 2.0 has resolved my issues with connectivity. Thanks for the heads up on the new version Krutsch. Also, thanks for everyone's suggestions, but the issue was likely not with loading my library or auto-lock - 2.0 downloaded my library in less than 1 minute, but it took > 10 min. for it to finish updating the library on the phone. I suspect this was due to album art (apparently there are > 5k albums in my library  :o - this isn't right, and in scanning through the titles I see a number of them being duplicated. I'll have to look into this a bit, but at least I have a library now, and with covers  :thumb:). The library update was interrupted several times by auto-lock, but the app returned to where it left off and continued on every time. Good looking app, but I agree the font is a little small on the alphabet index bar. I can't comment on the changes in 2.0 because I couldn't get 1.8 working at all, so for me 2.0 is a vast improvement. Nice to finally be using an app that looks like it will have ongoing developer support.

Pearlcfam

« Reply #72 on: 7 Mar 2017, 09:38 pm »
Questions/observations Soundirok via iphone/ipad to BDP2;

1) Setup up was relatively painless following Krutch's advice.
2) This might be a bug but I noticed the volume does not stay constant when you close and restart the app via the iphone/ipad and resets itself to the highest volume setting. I'm pretty sure this is related to the Manic Moose whenever the BDP reboots and your already set to software volume control the volume setting is highest. Chris is aware of this and has stated that it should be solved at some point. The difference between Mpad/Mpod and Soundirok is the volume remains at the level you choose as long as the system isn't rebooted then it resets, I think the Soundirok is resetting the volume every time the app is restarted.
3) In Mpod/Mpad there is a way to clear an entire playlist by just pressing edit and selecting clear. Is there similar functionality in Soundirok?
4) I do like the enhanced interface and artist info, "roonesque" without the monthly fee.

Thanks to the developer and to the forum for enhancing the BDP experience.

Krutsch

« Reply #73 on: 8 Mar 2017, 07:49 pm »
Questions/observations Soundirok via iphone/ipad to BDP2;

3) In Mpod/Mpad there is a way to clear an entire playlist by just pressing edit and selecting clear. Is there similar functionality in Soundirok?

Yes. Open the playback queue (tap on the bottom of the screen) and look for the little garbage can icon in the upper-right corner.

soliver

« Reply #74 on: 11 Mar 2017, 02:31 pm »
So I have DSD (.dsf) files mainly downloaded from Acoustic Sounds.  And none of them are showing on the app correctly.

Someone mentioned earlier:
Just a quick note on DSD files: If you have album art embedded in the tag of each .dsf song on an album, the album will not show up on Soundirok. Keeping a copy of the art as Folder.jpg in the album file only make it all work great

What do I need to do to unembed art in the tag of .dsf files?  I do already have a Folder.jpg file in each album folder and they work great on MPad.

Any assistance would be appreciated

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #75 on: 11 Mar 2017, 03:25 pm »
For the life of me I can not seem to get the album art to work  :duh:

james

XMAN

« Reply #76 on: 11 Mar 2017, 05:35 pm »
For the life of me I can not seem to get the album art to work  :duh:

james

Hi Chris see my settings and make sure you have a jpeg for each file and it is case sensitive and of course use your own url.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #77 on: 11 Mar 2017, 06:14 pm »
Its James - I will give it a try.

thanks
james

Krutsch

« Reply #78 on: 11 Mar 2017, 08:51 pm »
Its James - I will give it a try.

thanks
james

Correction to the above advice on cover art: you do NOT want to use BOTH "Cover Script URL" and "Collection URL".

If you have a folder.jpg in each album, leave the Cover Script URL field blank and fill-in the Collection URL and following fields.

Mine look like this:

Collection URL: http://bryston-bdp-1.local/music/
Cover Filename: folder.jpg
Artist Thumb Filename: thumb.jpg
Booklet Filename: booklet.pdf

On my system, I get images for artist, album and PDF booklets without issue.

XMAN

« Reply #79 on: 11 Mar 2017, 08:55 pm »
If I take cover script out I don't get art in artist mode.  This new version is great easy access to bockllets and very nicely displayed.