VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Jstower

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #1240 on: 27 Feb 2021, 05:20 pm »
 Revised Ad NOW $200. VMPS Subwoofer Pair with Dayton SA1000 Amp - $200 (Monrovia)

VMPS Subwoofer Pair with Dayton SA1000 Amp - $1 (Monrovia)

Insanely deep low end, the amplifier is very flexible and can be setup to either gently feather a little extra bass in there or absolutely part your hair. You know you need stereo subs and I need these out of my garage. Make me an realistic offer. Trades, whatever. I could use a preamp....Audio stuff.....anything

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/ele/d/monrovia-vmps-subwoofer-pair-with/7280879435.html

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1243 on: 9 Apr 2021, 10:21 pm »

Stimpy

« Reply #1244 on: 28 Apr 2021, 12:29 am »
(Updated 4/26) Vintage stereo speakers, amp, receiver, RTR, turntable... Falls Church, VA

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/falls-church-updated-26-vintage-stereo/7312863060.html

No Pictures.

"Speakers:

• VMPS RM40 monster tower speakers, with matching LRC center speaker. These beast weight 200+ lbs each, and are in full working condition. All of the components are original and works fine, even the ribbons. The center speaker is missing the 2 knobs on the back for the pots adjustment. Price is $2000 for the pair, and $350 for the center."

ZAKski288

« Reply #1245 on: 28 Apr 2021, 01:15 am »

Stimpy

« Reply #1246 on: 28 Apr 2021, 01:46 pm »
Back up for sale: VMPS RM-2 Custom speakers

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649709767-vmps-custom-speakers/

I wonder why they're up for sale again?  Those exact speakers were on an eBay auction, and received bids.  So, I have to assume they didn't sell, due to not meeting a reserve (even though the auction didn't mention a reserve price).  But, at the price the seller is asking, I doubt they do sell.   :cry:

Stimpy

« Reply #1247 on: 30 Apr 2021, 12:39 pm »

(Updated 4/26) Vintage stereo speakers, amp, receiver, RTR, turntable... Falls Church, VA

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/falls-church-updated-26-vintage-stereo/7312863060.html

No Pictures.

"Speakers:

• VMPS RM40 monster tower speakers, with matching LRC center speaker. These beast weight 200+ lbs each, and are in full working condition. All of the components are original and works fine, even the ribbons. The center speaker is missing the 2 knobs on the back for the pots adjustment. Price is $2000 for the pair, and $350 for the center."

davidc1

« Reply #1248 on: 2 May 2021, 02:50 pm »

the link seems to be going to the wrong listing.

Jstower

« Reply #1249 on: 2 May 2021, 09:55 pm »
Link works for me , you have to scroll through the listing, I’m not seeing pictures of Vmps items, but Stimpy probably messaged the person for pictures. He has a lot of stuff for sale.

Stimpy

« Reply #1250 on: 4 May 2021, 02:51 pm »
Link works for me , you have to scroll through the listing, I’m not seeing pictures of Vmps items, but Stimpy probably messaged the person for pictures. He has a lot of stuff for sale.

Yup, I asked the seller for the VMPS pictures.  He seems nice, and if the RM40s didn't weight so freak'n much, I'd drive up and get them for myself.  Two hundred pounds isn't easy to maneuver through 2 flights of stairs...!   :o

AVB

« Reply #1251 on: 13 May 2021, 06:04 pm »
Is that your way of saying you have no friends?  :lol:

/mp

« Reply #1252 on: 3 Jun 2021, 02:59 pm »
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisaab2f-vmps-rm30-series-ll-in-piano-black-incredible-sonics-build-beautiful-full-range

In Maryland.  Seller asking $3800. Nice looking pair FWIW.

Seller wrote, "They are 3 years old, and were two years in the making." Brian died 9 years ago. I'm not so ambitious as to ask about seller's math. Maybe they're one of the pairs created from NOS.

davidc1

« Reply #1253 on: 3 Jun 2021, 07:28 pm »
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisaab2f-vmps-rm30-series-ll-in-piano-black-incredible-sonics-build-beautiful-full-range

In Maryland.  Seller asking $3800. Nice looking pair FWIW.

Seller wrote, "They are 3 years old, and were two years in the making." Brian died 9 years ago. I'm not so ambitious as to ask about seller's math. Maybe they're one of the pairs created from NOS.

Yeah, I chuckled at that. I seem to remember this phrase as something I saw in a listing recently...

"I was not going to sell these, but because I am
retiring in a few months, and for the right reasons, I have decided to let them
leave me. "

Anybody else remember this?

I also posed the age question on the sellers listing. Lets see what he says...

davidc1

« Reply #1254 on: 5 Jun 2021, 09:17 pm »
Yeah, I chuckled at that. I seem to remember this phrase as something I saw in a listing recently...

"I was not going to sell these, but because I am
retiring in a few months, and for the right reasons, I have decided to let them
leave me. "

Anybody else remember this?

I also posed the age question on the sellers listing. Lets see what he says...

So, the seller did reply. Seems a little interesting to me, plausible, but a little interesting. How do we know exactly what parts were perchased?. Especially woofers and these were changed all the time. And, have the midranges been modified. The comment on VMPS speakers made to be affordable...well, maybe legacy one's, but I woundn't really say that about RM series. I mean, maybe better than anything else for the money...but affordable, not really.

What do you guys think:

"Okay, all brand new vmps parts were started being purchased by myself 5 years ago, and it took me two years to locate and purchase all new components including the cabinets. This process, and this spectacular build took me two years to complete. So, they are 3 years old since completion. VMPS fans are still building today, but parts are so very rare.
Cabinets and all components are all original new stock VMPS, except for the bases had to be built. I had crossovers recreated and built to the utmost possible in a passive crossover. I also fitted the speakers with matching Cardas binding posts during the build to match the crossovers. VMPS speakers were built to be affordable, and the crossover components sounded very good, but could be improved upon.
I also just sold a 2004 pair of maple RM30M's, and a 2005 pair of piano back RM30M's for 1300 and 1700 respectively.
I was not going to sell them, but my retirement plans have changed.
Thanks, Steve Rounds"
« Last Edit: 6 Jun 2021, 03:02 am by davidc1 »

sfrounds

« Reply #1255 on: 6 Jun 2021, 02:54 am »
Hello, its me the seller of the 30's on Agon. I've been in the industry for a very long time, so please spare me the ridiculous comments about authenticity. I refuse to belittle myself getting into pissing match with anyone on a website. Steve..

davidc1

« Reply #1256 on: 6 Jun 2021, 03:00 am »
Hello, its me the seller of the 30's on Agon. I've been in the industry for a very long time, so please spare me the ridiculous comments about authenticity. I refuse to belittle myself getting into pissing match with anyone on a website. Steve..

Hi Steve, please excuse the way I made certain comments. They perhaps weren't made in the best way, I admit. I do not now doubt the authenticity of the speakers. I am still just curious, not doubting, but just very interested if you can give some more info on the parts of modifications to the crossovers. Again, my apologies about my wording, I have changed it to not be as confrontative. And I see that many of your previous post on this website were of searching for parts. Good luck with your sale.

Jstower

« Reply #1257 on: 6 Jun 2021, 03:49 pm »
FOR SALE: VMPS RM40 Brian Cheney Signature Edition w/rare Dibble Cabinet.      
USD $3995.00

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649746377-vmps-rm40-brian-cheney-signature-edition-wrare-dibble-cabinet/

This is a Piano Black VMPS RM-40 Brian Cheney Signature Edition
This model is the even more SPECIAL and RARE Dibble Cabinet. Dorn Dibble was the special Cabinet Maker for the VMPS Elixir.

While the Piano Black finish is acceptable, the Cabinet has extra thick front baffle and is fully braced weight a full 45# more than the MLS cabinets.

The RM-40 has 2 10" WCF Megawoofers, 4 Neopanels, a Ribbon Tweeter, and a 10" Down firing Passive Radiator.

This Model has an OXO (outboard cross-over) with premium coils, chokes, and Premium Mundorf Capacitors, wired with Silver Wiring.

The early RM-40 won Best of Show at the CES. This speaker is the culmination and evolution of that heritage as it improve dramatically over the models lifetime.

Specifications:

Bass – 25 cm (10″) WCF Megawoofer bass, 25 cm (10″) WCF midbass, 25cm (10″) Passive Radiator

Mid – four rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8″) Neo ribbons, 280 Hz – 6.9 kHz

Treble – Round ribbon 6.9 kHz – 30 kHz

Impedance & Sensitivity – 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 91 dB/1W/1m Power handling – 500 W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.

Frequency response – 24 Hz – 25 kHz +0/-3 dB

Dimensions & Weight – 66″H x 13″W x 17″D cm, 280 lbs Output levels and distortion – max. 1% THD full range / 1W, max. 115+ dB SPL

Local Pick Up ONLY, or buyer pays for crating and shipping.

PayPal buyer pays 3% fee

Stimpy

« Reply #1258 on: 28 Jun 2021, 04:05 pm »
VMPS Tower 2 speaker (RUSSELLTON, PA)  No Price Listed.  Open To Trades

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ele/d/russellton-vmps-tower-speaker/7341284812.html

"would like to trade these speaker for a high end receiver or a few good old receivers silver face only maybe a good old cd player too . these are close to five tall you can come try theses out at my house i had the woofers reformed they are very big and sound great . call with what you got or text me some pics. tony 724 four 0 7 8five three 1"

Stimpy

« Reply #1259 on: 28 Jun 2021, 04:10 pm »
VMPS RM 30  (hercules, pinole, san pablo, el sob, CA) - $2,200

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/el-sobrante-vmps-rm-30/7331411051.html

"Beautiful pair of vmps rm30’s."