GRETA !!!! GVF

klaus@odyssey

GRETA !!!! GVF
« on: 20 Nov 2018, 07:02 am »
Brian turned me on to these kids...and man oh man oh man.
I'm becoming a really big fan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXUqYFf4RfQ

And yes,  I know that I'm a little late to the party...but still.  Have to spread the word wherever I can...........damn.

Maceo23

Re: GRETA !!!! GVF
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2018, 03:05 pm »
Yeah, they're great.  They just released their first LP.  Had a couple of EP's in the last couple of years.  I just picked up the record also.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2018, 03:19 am »
Yes, these young men know how to play rock. They definitely sound like Led which is obviously what they are trying to do.

I have no complaints, grew up loving Led.

Stercom

« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2018, 02:49 pm »
Ha,ha. yeah. I listened to GVF way too much a couple of months ago. I still like the songs but can't watch the videos. The lead singer gives me the creeps now.

Brettio

« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2018, 03:48 pm »
A really good band and one of the very few to come Frankmuth, MI!   :thumb:

decal

« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2018, 08:44 pm »
They really need to strive to get their own identity.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2018, 09:08 pm »
No...first of all, it's how his voice is...it's just his, and by being nearly identical to Plant, there will always be a putdown of being copycats,  but it's just his voice....  2nd they really are FINALLY  a throwback 70's hard rock band at its best...and they are awesome...if you're going to do classic rock you'll inadvertently have parallels to some band out there,  and being close to Zep is probably the best one can do.    Finally on their 2 CD's they do evolve into their own sound somewhat,  and again,  it's awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And keep in mind that they are just around +- 20 years of age.  Man,  the future of rock music looks bright,  and I for one hope that because of GVF  there will be other bands to follow.........

dflee

« Reply #7 on: 21 Nov 2018, 11:07 pm »
The fact that they're three brothers and a drummer is amazing.

Don
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2018, 03:32 pm by dflee »

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #8 on: 22 Nov 2018, 12:06 am »
yup...then again...Hanson and Osmonds also had at least 3 brothers...

Big Hendy

« Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2018, 05:02 pm »
I am definitely with Klaus on this one.  These guys aren't Led Zeppelin wannabees or copycats.  They are very talented 70's rockers who have been greatly influenced by Zep.  We are just lucky to experience them in 2018.   If you listen carefully to their music and take the lead singing brother's voice out of it for a minute, you will definitely hear the influences of Page and Bonham (and some Jones).  Pure rock and roll that is only going to mature and get better with age.

JakeJ

« Reply #10 on: 29 Nov 2018, 04:00 am »
Hey all GVF fans, I'm happy to report theses guys are getting airplay on my local #1 rock station 97.1 KXRX!

Rock on, GVF!