Kismets in Khartago cases

mike_p

• You Never Blow Your Trip Forever
Kismets in Khartago cases
« on: 3 Sep 2022, 11:09 pm »
I sent Klaus a really old pair of Khartago amps, one of which was toast. Klaus gutted and completely transformed them into these lovelies. Sorry for the picture quality.
They just arrived and began burning-in, and sound very good right out of the box.

The Khartago covers bulge a bit over the large toroidal transformers, so I'm going to have a new pair fabricated to give the transformers more clearance.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
Re: Kismets in Khartago cases
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2022, 12:06 am »
I sent Klaus a really old pair of Khartago amps, one of which was toast. Klaus gutted and completely transformed them into these lovelies. Sorry for the picture quality.
They just arrived and began burning-in, and sound very good right out of the box.

The Khartago covers bulge a bit over the large toroidal transformers, so I'm going to have a new pair fabricated to give the transformers more clearance.
Very nice, I am planning the same with my Stratos mono's.

uncola

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2022, 01:14 pm »
wow those transformers look like they've been taking anabolic steroids

mike_p

• You Never Blow Your Trip Forever
« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2022, 05:45 pm »
Buster Williams, Griote Liberte, via Qobuz/Blusound Node 2i/Densfrips Ares ii: kismet indeed!

Love these amplifiers. Thanks, Klaus.

BikeFi10

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2022, 11:06 pm »
NICE!! Surprised Klaus would even retrofit with the cover buldgeing from xformer. What speakers are you driving and is that a VPI tt? Cart?
I use Qobuz, Node 2i too, but with a Geshelli J2 DAC. Ive read great things about the Denafrips DAC, but next upgrade wil be amp.
I gotta ask, since your into vinyl, how would you compare your streaming quality to vinyl.
I find streaming hit or miss, even though I only stream hi rez. It is nice for the huge catalog though.
Some vinyl pressings are good, some very good, analog production pressings are great.
Even wife agrees..

BikeFi10

« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2022, 11:13 pm »
Also, I am looking into Odyssey amps. Are you going to leave amps on 24/7 after burn in and are you using a power conditioner? Thanks!

topside3

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2022, 12:26 am »
What caps are those? The symphonic line caps I have in mine are blue. Are these upgraded/better ones?

uncola

« Reply #7 on: 25 Dec 2022, 11:32 pm »
Yes, I've seen it mentioned in other threads, klaus has better 800VA transformers he uses now instead of the older 600 something volt ones and also the white caps are an upgrade to the older blue ones

AGS

« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2022, 07:29 pm »
Hello Mike
I noticed your kismet in khartago upgrade that includes the new transformer and larger caps.  How do you like it?  I have the same set up as you had and am also considering sending my monos back to Klaus for the same upgrade.  I am hesitating a bit due to the bulge in the top cover. And would be willing to pay extra for a cover that is a good fit to avoid the bulge.  I have Magnepan 3.6r’s which could use the added increase in current. Any comments on change in sound quality would be appreciated.
Thanks
Al

AGS

« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2022, 07:45 pm »
One more thing… what size/type of fuse is used post transformer and Caps upgrade

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #10 on: 31 Dec 2022, 02:49 am »
Beautiful amps, congrats.

How do they sound compared to that Parasound A21 in the foreground?