Whodo the VooDo - Iso-Pods

dflee

Whodo the VooDo - Iso-Pods
« on: 14 Dec 2021, 04:11 pm »
Yes, they've been around for a while and went through a model change at some time but.
I have been using all kinds of different cones, spikes and pucks to help with something I didn't even know I had. Yes they helped to a certain extent in changing the sound and I thought there were improvements but you don't know what you've got till it's gone (Joni Mitchell) and I had grunge. The Iso-Pods (three pack) removed that layer that hides behind and within the music so that I am hearing the music like I never have before. I placed them under my Accuphase C11 pre and they will not be moved. I will get more to replace the cones and pucks and all the other pieces under the rest of the equipment eventually. They aren't cheap but won't break the bank either. I can not believe the improvement and encourage you all to give them a try.

Don

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
Re: Whodo the VooDo - Iso-Pods
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2021, 04:55 pm »
Hi Don,
I recently placed some under my speakers after hearing so many people rave about that. Holy crap what a difference. My system is pretty budget for most of the gear, and even still I was able to hear a positive difference in clarity and room interaction. Don't limit yourself just to the equipment, try the speakers as well. Glad you seem to be having fun tweaking your system.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2021, 08:27 pm »
  Excellent products. Not a dealer for them.

charles

jtcf

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2022, 04:07 pm »
Agreed. I've used them under speakers and components and for me they they make a very noticeable positive difference.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2022, 04:15 pm »
Wonder what effect it have on the bass?

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2022, 05:17 pm »
The best way I could describe it on my speakers was that the lower octaves gained 10 iq points and became less blabbering and more articulate. It didn't add or take away bass volume, it just cleaned it up to hear more detail in the lower end (about 320 and below). Most notable on bass guitar and drum kit, but also helped clean up some male vocal range as well.

Craig Young

« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2022, 12:27 am »
I find this information useful in that it gives me more options in my decoupling quest.

dflee

« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2022, 03:23 am »
Since my original post I have procured a four pack for my amp and a three pack for my cdp.
I've also found a major difference in placement. I found that putting two in front and one in back
of the pre and cdp sounded completely different and better. I played around with previous isolation
products with no difference so am sticking with the VooDoo as an excellent product.

Don

ksisu53

« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2022, 12:23 pm »
interesting information