Re-entry with VPI Classic 1

TONEPUB

Re: Re-entry with VPI Classic 1
« Reply #20 on: 6 May 2012, 04:30 pm »
Thanks!  Munich was a fantastic show....  TONS of analog here!  On the way home in about 12 hours, anxious to get home.

We are in the process of expanding the "Analogaholic" section of our website into a whole separate website!  Nothing but arms, cartridges, turntables, preamps, accessories, setup tips and tricks and of course, vinyl reviews.  We'll also be indexing all of our past analog related reviews there as well.

Should be done in about a month!  Maybe in time for the Newport Beach show!   We'll keep you posted...

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 6 May 2012, 11:52 pm »
Thanks!  Munich was a fantastic show....  TONS of analog here!  On the way home in about 12 hours, anxious to get home.

We are in the process of expanding the "Analogaholic" section of our website into a whole separate website!  Nothing but arms, cartridges, turntables, preamps, accessories, setup tips and tricks and of course, vinyl reviews.  We'll also be indexing all of our past analog related reviews there as well.

Should be done in about a month!  Maybe in time for the Newport Beach show!   We'll keep you posted...
Safe travels!

When will the Classic 1 review issue be out? 

Very much looking forward to a vinyl only section on the website.

TONEPUB

« Reply #22 on: 7 May 2012, 07:50 am »
The new issue goes to Zinio on the 17th, so it should go live around the 21st.

We are giving it one of our Exceptional Value Awards.  If there's ever been a product that delivers value beyond the price tag, it's the Classic 1.

And I never was a fan of the Scout/Scoutmaster, so if anything I was initially skeptical of VPI.  But, I heard one at Joe Harley's house (the Music Matters Jazz guy) and was blown away at how good it was.

With my job you have to put your own personal biases on the side, as there are always surprises lurking where you least expect them!

:)

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: 7 May 2012, 04:53 pm »
Look forward to it!   :thumb:

We are giving it one of our Exceptional Value Awards.  If there's ever been a product that delivers value beyond the price tag, it's the Classic 1.
That's good news for me and current owners.   :thumb:

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 7 May 2012, 05:13 pm »
And boy is that Classic 1 a beauty of a table.

Berndt

« Reply #25 on: 7 May 2012, 06:36 pm »

And I never was a fan of the Scout/Scoutmaster, so if anything I was initially skeptical of VPI.  But, I heard one at Joe Harley's house (the Music Matters Jazz guy) and was blown away at how good it was.

With my job you have to put your own personal biases on the side, as there are always surprises lurking where you least expect them!

:)
I'd be curious of your thoughts on the table the classic was inspired by.
An empire with a good arm is a charmer too, imho.

95Dyna

« Reply #26 on: 7 May 2012, 08:37 pm »
I went from a SOTA Comet (had for many years) to a Classic I after seeking advice here at AC. Got mine from Galen Carol Audio, and never looked back. A simply amazing 'table.

PS- last I checked Galen was still selling them at the 'old' price, and he mounted and aligned my cart (Sumiko Blackbird) for free. I highly recommend him for advice or your eventual purchase, unless you have local experts.

You will enjoy the VPI.

Keep us informed.

Mark

+1.  I bought my Classic from Galen as well along with my Bryston 7B SST 2's, BP26, Torus CS15 and Benz Wood SL.  He's a good guy and you won't go wrong with either.  Anybody would have a tough time arguing against the VPI Classic being a huge bang for the buck table.

Mark, you may remember me steering you to Galen when you were making your decision.  Hope all is well out there in Golden Gopherland.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 8 May 2012, 05:56 pm »
My new walnut VPI Classic 1 should ship from VPI in a few days to my dealer then to me...

yipeee

bside123

« Reply #28 on: 8 May 2012, 06:01 pm »
My new walnut VPI Classic 1 should ship from VPI in a few days to my dealer then to me...

yipeee

Congrats! Enjoy it, and let us know how it goes, especially with the cartridge mating.

roscoeiii

« Reply #29 on: 8 May 2012, 06:09 pm »

Nice. Those rave remarks from TONEPUB would've put me over the edge. The man has heard some turntables...

yipeee

TONEPUB

« Reply #30 on: 8 May 2012, 07:51 pm »
I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine....

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: 8 May 2012, 08:03 pm »
I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine....
I better...otherwise I know who I'm blamming.   :P

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 9 May 2012, 04:20 pm »
The Denon combination is excellent.   You will be very pleased.

And I'm coming home from Munich with an awesome new phono stage from Monk audio in the $1200 range that I think
is going to make a killer combination as well.

Right now using the Manley Chinook with the Classic and it's about $2500.  Pretty much a one channel Steelhead without
all the adjustments.

I'll very interested to read your thoughts on the Monk.  http://www.monk-audio.com/
« Last Edit: 9 May 2012, 05:26 pm by jtwrace »

roscoeiii

« Reply #33 on: 9 May 2012, 04:24 pm »
I'll very intersted to read your thoughts on the Monk.  http://www.monk-audio.com/

+1

I mean, wow, look at all those dials. That is a lot of dials for your money.

Sonny

« Reply #34 on: 9 May 2012, 04:42 pm »
I saw and hear John (theChairguy's) Classic, it's a beautiful table and sounds wonderful!  I have a Custom DIY VPI Based table myself, with everything but the plinth and armpod by VPI...
Had the Scout then the TNT 3.5, love them!
Congrats!

OLD

NEW

95Dyna

« Reply #35 on: 9 May 2012, 05:16 pm »

yipeee

Oops!  My bad.  I forgot to tell you mine is black.  I have no idea what the table sounds like in walnut  :lol:.  All seriousness aside, you will be tickled pink with your new Classic.  Congrats.  :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: 9 May 2012, 05:26 pm »
+1

I mean, wow, look at all those dials. That is a lot of dials for your money.
:lol:  I thought the same...hopefully it sounds as good as it looks. 

Sonny

« Reply #37 on: 9 May 2012, 05:32 pm »
:lol:  I thought the same...hopefully it sounds as good as it looks.

it sounds great!  at least with the Grado on john's table
you'll love it!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: 9 May 2012, 05:36 pm »
it sounds great!  at least with the Grado on john's table
you'll love it!
You have one?

Sonny

« Reply #39 on: 9 May 2012, 05:37 pm »
You have one?

No I don't, I wish I had one...but I heard John's (the Chairguy's) Classic and it was wonderful!