An interesting appliation for Omega speakers

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
An interesting appliation for Omega speakers
« on: 31 Oct 2006, 01:07 am »
I used to be a dealer for Louis, and still think very very highly of him and of his loudspeakers. 

I wanted to pass along an interesting situation that arose a few years ago.  A customer of mine had a son who was born deaf, but at age 2 the boy had a cochlear implant operation so he could hear somewhat.  However, he had a hard time understanding voices over the television.

His father and I communicated about a loudspeaker system that would give superb voice clarity so that the boy could understand and enjoy television.  At the time I was dealer for about eight loudspeaker lines, and Omega is what I recommended.  I figured the single-driver coherence and lack of cabinet-induced coloration made Omega the best choice, even over several considerably more expensive speakers. The father purchased three Omega speakers with (as I recall) either 6.5" or 8" Fostex drivers.  Last I heard, father and son were both delighted with the clarity and intelligibility the Omegas brought to television. 

Who says good speakers can't make the world a better place??

Thanks Louis.

Duke

Hogg

Re: An interesting appliation for Omega speakers
« Reply #1 on: 1 Nov 2006, 01:29 am »
Great story!!  Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Louis O

Re: An interesting appliation for Omega speakers
« Reply #2 on: 2 Nov 2006, 01:28 am »
Hi Duke,

Thanks and I remember this vividly. I'm so happy that we worked out the solution for them. It was the best news I heard by far when you had told me the speakers let him enjoy TV.

Thanks again and it was great seeing you at the show.

All the best,
Louis