WOW!! wife say there are reallyyyyy good!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER 3R ALNICOS

bbchem

http://

HI, I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, BUT A 20 YEAR AUDIOPHILE VET AND LOUDSPEAKER NUT, HAVING OWNED 30 PAIRS OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS, EVERYTHING FROM MARTINLOGAN CLS TO JMLAB ELECTRA 906S, I HAD HEARD SOME SINGLE POINT DRIVERS SYSTEMS IN THE NYC STEREO SHOW, PRETTY IMPRESSIVE, BUT NOT HAVEING ANY KNOWLEDGE I JUSTG SAID HMMM, AND WALKED ON. THEN I STARTED TO COMB THE INTERNET FOR INFO ON THSE DIFFERENT TYPE OF LOUDSPEAKER, AND FOUND OMEGAS GETTING A LOT OF HITS, I WENT ON AUDIOGON AND FOUND A BEAUTIFUL PAIR OF GRAY MARBLE LIKE SUPER 3R ALNICOS, FOR THE INSANE PRICE OF 600$ IN MINT CONDITION. SINCE I HAD JUST SOLD THE JMLABS, I HAD SOME MONEY TO PLAY WITH. I BOUGHT THEM AND HOOKED THEM UP DIRECTLY TO MY LITTLE DARED 300B MONO-BLOCKS AND A PROCEED TRANSPORT AND AUDIO ALCHEMY DAC. STRUCK GOLD? MY WIFE OVER THE YEARS HAS ALWAYS HUMORED ME WHEN I ASK HOW THE SPEAKERS SOUND BY SAYING THEY SOUND GOOD. WELL, THIS TIME I PLAYED TO JAZZ VOCAL PIECES FOR HER, AND BEFORE I ASKED HER SHE BLURTED OUT>>>> THEY SOUND REALLY GOOD!! THEY SOUND REAL AS IF THEY ARE IN THE ROOM!!! MAJOR COMPLIMENT AND SAME TO MY EARS, I WILL BE LOOKING FOR FLOOR STANDING SOON TO ADD TO ANOTHER ROOM AND LOUIS AND OMEGAS WILL BE FIRST CHOICE!!!

onemug

Congrats on your find. I too have had a lot of traditional speakers over the years in this hobby like B&W's, Vandersteens, Theil, Apogee and Magnepan. Loved the planar, still have the Maggies in one system. A new house a few years ago had a room I just couldn't get good sound out of until I tried the Omega Super 3r. Both Louis and his speakers are supurb. There is something special about single driver speakers especially with tubes. I like the 300b also. Earlier this year I bought the Omega A8 with the Visaton B200 driver. I have them in the same room as the Maggies and switch back and forth. Both are very enjoyable. I would have no hesitation recommending the Omega Revelution floor stander. A lot of people rave about the Hemp also. Good luck.

Louis O

Hi bbchem,

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of single drivers.

Many thanks for your wonderful post and I'm so happy you and your wife are enjoying the alnicos. This is high praise indeed and to get a deal on them is icing on the cake. I would be happy to work out  a floorstander and it would be a lot of fun to make.

Thanks again,

Hi onemug,

Thanks and Maggies are the only other speakers that have been in the system.

Thanks again,
Louis