Some interesting news

Louis O

Some interesting news
« on: 22 Aug 2006, 12:17 am »
Hi,

I want to announce that Hemp Acoustics is no longer affiliated with Omega Speakers. I'm 100% devoted to the hemp drivers and the A Broun hemp cone. Omega was the first to use them and I have spent a lot of time in the development so I'm very happy to say that I'm totally affiliated with John Harrison at A Broun Soun and Tone Tubby. There is very interesting developments happening and one that's very important is the OB hemp driver. It's being developed right now and will have a new look and made specifically for OBs. Vinnie Rossi and Dan Mason will get the first set of drivers when they are completed. The OB project will develop into a Hemp OB. The 4.5" driver is getting redone and will also have a brand new basket with very open windows. The tooling for this has been completed and we are lightening the cone.

The Omega Signature 30 is now available and in any of the wood finishes on the site. The amp is a combination of the fantastic RWA Sig 30 and Omega Chassis.

Standard features will include new wood chassis, dedicated platform, coupling spikes, acrylic bottom plate, Vampire binding posts, and vampire top of the line RCAs.

RMAF show is all set and I will be in room 9007

New guitar speaker with (2) 12" Tone tubbies in a unique encloser.

Thanks again,
Louis

onemug

Re: Some interesting news
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2006, 02:52 am »
I just got the Omega Sig 30 a few days ago. I chose the Macassar Ebony finish. My wife and I both enjoy wood and she thinks it's elegant. Louis wanted to keep the front face clean so there is a red led on the bottom which reflects off the piano black gloss base the amp sits on so you can tell it's on. This is one time I can say the "base" is excellent and have it spelled correctly. :-).  The base has 3 cones that screw into the bottom and there are discs for them so they won't scratch anything. Then what I really think is cool is there are 4 cones that screw into the top, point side up. The Sig 30 has 4 small holes in the bottom of it that Louis precisely fits and you lower it onto the points where it rests securely, won't go anywhere or scratch the beautiful finish. Nicely done Louis.

Nuff on looks.

I'm still breaking it in but like most everyone has said, it's real nice out of the box. At 10 hours I heard a nice change. I really like the long play times, 20+ hrs. Makes breakin alot faster. I use it on some Super 3r's and his A8's and will eventually test it on my Maggie 3.6's if anyone is interested.  I have 5 SET amps and from all indications I would be very pleased to add this to my collection. This amp does the decay of notes much like an SET. Some amps decay too fast, some way too ripe and fat. This one gets it right. Like the Goldilocks story. More later.

I would like to thank both Louis and Vinnie on products that compete at such a high level but are so affordable. They may be budget priced but they are upper class components. I think they could price this into the several thousands. I wish you both all you deserve.

Louis O

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2006, 12:03 am »
Hi onemug,

Many thanks for the great post and I'm so happy your enjoying the amp. It's by far the best SS amp I've heard. The ebony came out great and very happy you like the look. I was thinking about the led a lot and figured the bottom plate would be a great place for it and the reflection would be against the platform.

The way the cones work really help the sound and make the the whole combination very secure. It a lot like the what mapleshade does with the triple pint cone. The top small cones face up and the other side faces down. Really works great.

Thanks,
Louis

Canyoneagle

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2006, 01:11 am »
Hi, Louis.
I must say, I'm intrigued.
I've been researching my new system for some time now, and I'm extremely interested in seeing where your collaborations go with RWA!!!!  The sig 30 looks like an amazing value, and with the Omega touch.......WOW!.

How much are you selling the Omega Sig 30 for, say, in maple?  what is the typical lead time (not an issue)?

Thanks!
Michael

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2006, 07:52 pm »
Hi Canyoneagle,

Many thanks and it's a lot of fun working with Vinnie and being involved with such a wonderfull amp. It sells for $1799 complete with the platforms and upgrades. All of the finishes are standard and no extra charge.

I'm extremely happy how it worked out and I may have a matching Dac for it too.

Thanks again,
Louis

Canyoneagle

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2006, 07:29 pm »
Hi, Louis.
Thanks for the reply.
Color me "very interested".
I'll keep an eye on the site and this thread as I move towoards purchase time (Probably Winter - gotta save the cash).

Thanks again!
Michael

kbuzz3

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2006, 11:01 pm »
Got my sig 30 over the weekend....just a note on looks. In maple its stunning. And I usually prefer dark wood!

Nice job LC

Louis O

« Reply #7 on: 6 Sep 2006, 01:08 am »
Hi kbuzz,

Thanks and I really like the maple too. I'm happy that the downfiring LED worked out and makes a nice touch too.

Thanks again,
Louis