Speaker cables to tweak Omega speakers

jorgen

Re: Speaker cables to tweak Omega speakers
« Reply #40 on: 2 Apr 2014, 10:05 am »
Alwayswantsmore;
first; what a cool nickname! thank you for clearing this up.

Does anyone knows if this still is how Omegas are wired today, and is this a reason to choose cables with two wires to +?

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #41 on: 2 Apr 2014, 12:44 pm »
Alwayswantsmore;
first; what a cool nickname! thank you for clearing this up.

Does anyone knows if this still is how Omegas are wired today, and is this a reason to choose cables with two wires to +?

If you want to try running two +s as an experiment, go for it. But I know of no universal two are better than one, so it would be trust your ears.

jorgen

« Reply #42 on: 26 Apr 2014, 07:31 pm »
Hi all
Decided to give Dave's cables a chance and ordered a pair from him. 20 since that will be enough in my system. Cool solution with the cotton sheet, wife friendly. Eager to find out how they will suit my system

jorgen

« Reply #43 on: 1 Jun 2014, 04:03 pm »
Hi all
First a thank you to Dave for providing me with a set of his 20gauge speaker cables. It has been a true pleasure doing business with you. Dave wrote to me that these would need around 200 hours of use before I can fully hear how they sound. Of course since I got them Friday, i am no way near getting so many hours on them, but Dave also wrote that after 15-20 hours I will get a good impression about how they sound. BTW, the box you shipped them in was properly secure.

Going from sort of heavy duty TaraLabs helix prism 6 to these cables it is a kind of unfair comparison, but never the less a comparison that show how important cables are. An other thing is that the wife left really early on a trip to London to give a lecture there so I was able to optimize speaker and component placement, which also makes a difference in sound. I have been playing a hell of a lot of music during the weekend.

Anyway, these light weight, easy to deal with cables makes a really big difference in my system, more than I thought was possible. Listening to Roger Waters Amused to death every little detail is clearly present, so many things happening in the background on that album. Switching to another favorite, Morphine with Yes and there is big difference in the lower bass end, actually killed my growing need to purchase a subwoofer, at least for a little while. Soundstage is improved and instruments sounds more natural. It seems as the amp and speakers have the right tools to the job they are hired to do, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again Dave for all help with the cotton "stockings" which I found to be both a nice way to have cables visible, and as an extra protection, and for being a nice guy with my special needs. I guess I will email you over the summer and order a pair of ICs..

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #44 on: 2 Jun 2014, 04:03 pm »
Hi jorgen, thanks for your impressions, I will post them in the tour thread so more people will see them too.   :thumb: