Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Krutsch

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #1580 on: 24 Feb 2016, 04:12 am »
I suspect this is an unintended side effect from switching to the png format over jpg.  I'll try to remember to take a look at it tomorrow.

Downloaded latest BETA (see below) and wiped all of the bp_front_*.png/*.jpg files, reset the Bryston DB and watched it build successfully.

I cleared my browser cache (on my iPad and my MacBook's chrome browser) and reloaded the MM app.

No change to the images ... they look like my previous post on both web browsers.

S2.25 2016-02-23
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.12 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1581 on: 24 Feb 2016, 05:27 am »
Downloaded latest BETA (see below) and wiped all of the bp_front_*.png/*.jpg files, reset the Bryston DB and watched it build successfully.

I cleared my browser cache (on my iPad and my MacBook's chrome browser) and reloaded the MM app.

No change to the images ... they look like my previous post on both web browsers.

S2.25 2016-02-23

Please place the bdp into service mode and email me the service id

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1582 on: 24 Feb 2016, 05:50 pm »

S2.25 2016-02-23

you might need to clear your browsers cache

Krutsch

« Reply #1583 on: 24 Feb 2016, 10:52 pm »

OK, thanks for whatever you did. The images all look great. On my MacBook Pro (Chrome and Safari), as well as my iPad (Safari). I wiped my browser cache on my MacBook Pro's Chrome installation, but with Safari on both MacBook and iPad I did nothing. Works everywhere, now. Cool!

Fernando

• fernando _at_ -34.899705, -56.158880
« Reply #1584 on: 24 Feb 2016, 11:20 pm »

fine ...  :)

My browser caché is limited to 500MB.
This might be too high, or too low - I don't know.
How often is it advisable to have it cleared?
How do I know when is it better clear it?

Perhaps I misunderstood, and you are talking about clearing it after service mode.

Fernando.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1585 on: 25 Feb 2016, 12:25 am »
OK, thanks for whatever you did. The images all look great. On my MacBook Pro (Chrome and Safari), as well as my iPad (Safari). I wiped my browser cache on my MacBook Pro's Chrome installation, but with Safari on both MacBook and iPad I did nothing. Works everywhere, now. Cool!

I removed all of the Bryston generated cover art and rebuilt the library, finally cleared my cache.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1586 on: 25 Feb 2016, 12:26 am »
fine ...  :)

My browser caché is limited to 500MB.
This might be too high, or too low - I don't know.
How often is it advisable to have it cleared?
How do I know when is it better clear it?

Perhaps I misunderstood, and you are talking about clearing it after service mode.

Fernando.

It should be cleared when ever old data is being displayed

Krutsch

« Reply #1587 on: 26 Feb 2016, 04:46 pm »
I removed all of the Bryston generated cover art and rebuilt the library, finally cleared my cache.

OK, thanks for that. I thought I had removed the Bryston generated covers in previous iterations, but I might not be looking in the right places.

Are you planning to address the special characters issue I reported earlier in this thread?

Marius

« Reply #1588 on: 27 Feb 2016, 08:23 pm »
HI Chris,

does the librarydoctor.php still work? Ive tried it but it just reloads the bryston default page. Since i don't use the bryston db, i'd like to clear my drives again before trying the new firmware .

I have forgotten the other page u mentioned with the soundtest/sweeps? could you please disclose once more...

Cheers,
Marius

Krutsch

« Reply #1589 on: 28 Feb 2016, 10:01 pm »

See the attached image. Playlists were all created on the BDP-1 using MM and/or MPaD (i.e. not created elsewhere and uploaded into the /mnt/img/playlists).

Sorting seems to be almost random: not by title nor by time/date created nor by size of the file.

Would it be possible to have these sort by title (or some criteria)?

S2.25 2016-02-26

Krutsch

« Reply #1590 on: 2 Mar 2016, 11:49 pm »
Nice work, Bryston, on the new BETA Mobile Web UI. Works really well on my Samsung Note 4.

You need to figure out the transition model between "Artists View" and the "View Artists" modal view (i.e. selecting an artist should just return to the previous view, without the extra tap and with a smooth transition, like a fade or a swipe animation), but I really like the direction this is headed.

S2.25 2016-03-01

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1591 on: 3 Mar 2016, 01:46 am »
Nice work, Bryston, on the new BETA Mobile Web UI. Works really well on my Samsung Note 4.

You need to figure out the transition model between "Artists View" and the "View Artists" modal view (i.e. selecting an artist should just return to the previous view, without the extra tap and with a smooth transition, like a fade or a swipe animation), but I really like the direction this is headed.

S2.25 2016-03-01

Thanks for the feedback, I released another update today after I got super artsy today at work.  I agree with the need for transitions, everything is a bit clunky without it.  The delay to load everything (especially the artist view) is also a bit annoying, I might start caching those.  Did the auto redirect work for you, or did you have enter the extra /mobile for it to work?

« Last Edit: 3 Mar 2016, 03:46 am by unincognito »

Krutsch

« Reply #1592 on: 3 Mar 2016, 01:50 am »
Thanks for the feedback, I released another update today after I got super artsy today at work.  I agree with the need for transitions, everything is a bit clunky without it.  The delay to load everything (especially the artist view) is also a bit annoying, I might start caching those.  Did the auto redirect work for you, or did you have enter the extra /mobile for it to work?

Auto redirect worked fine on Android. I didn't need to do anything except launch my saved URL: http://bryston-bdp-1.local and it just worked.

Marius

« Reply #1593 on: 3 Mar 2016, 06:50 am »
Hi
How to reach this mobile web ui? I've installed yesterday's beta and still see this:

Cheers Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1594 on: 3 Mar 2016, 12:18 pm »
It's the new tidal mobile ui

Marius

« Reply #1595 on: 3 Mar 2016, 12:23 pm »
thanks, i see it now.
Don't use it though... Looking better and better, compliments Chris.,
Marius

please give me the url's for the library doctor and sweep settings again?

It's the new tidal mobile ui

Marius

« Reply #1596 on: 3 Mar 2016, 04:34 pm »
HI Chris,

Can't send images on the private messages so please allow me to post here.
Could you program the library doctor to search and delete for all files MM previously created in our libraries: adding crossfade.jpg to the already searched files bdp_front_44.jpg and bdp_front_250.jpg.

I've found the bdp_front files in .png format too, the doctor apparently doesn't find these? If so, please add that?

Also, please have the doctor search per drive, since my first attempt to run it hangs, presumably because of library size/amount of found files to delete.

Making this available in Disk Information would be really nice.

Thanks in advance,
Marius

Krutsch

« Reply #1597 on: 3 Mar 2016, 04:58 pm »
Could you program the library doctor to search and delete for all files MM previously created in our libraries: adding crossfade.jpg to the already searched files bdp_front_44.jpg and bdp_front_250.jpg.

I've found the bdp_front files in .png format too, the doctor apparently doesn't find these? If so, please add that?

Also, please have the doctor search per drive, since my first attempt to run it hangs, presumably because of library size/amount of found files to delete.

Making this available in Disk Information would be really nice.

...or... invoke this function when one clicks on "Reset DB" or add a second button on that same screen to really reset/clean everything?

Marius

« Reply #1598 on: 3 Mar 2016, 04:59 pm »
fine too
+1
...or... invoke this function when one clicks on "Reset DB" or add a second button on that same screen to really reset/clean everything?

Marius

« Reply #1599 on: 4 Mar 2016, 12:59 pm »
Hi,

Finally
got the doctor to work, helped a bit manually though.

Hi Chris,
I believe you've mentioned implementing a new way for the Bryston DB to work, and handle files in the database. Does it still add those bp_front files,just added.jpg and crossfade.jpg's?Could it be done in a way, less intrusive to the Drives, and easier to takeout again? Maybe a separate folder where all bryston files are stored per drive, or, if must be, in a central location (wasn't that what the scratch drive was for?)

Would be a one-click operation. Adding to that, backingup the Music files without the bryston files would also be a lot easier.

Cheers,Marius