unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #500 on: 21 May 2014, 01:37 pm »
Can someone please help me?
Maybe I miss something.

Thanks.

What version of loony loon are you currently running? and does the BDP have internet access?

Cheers,
Chris

jhameeh

« Reply #501 on: 21 May 2014, 03:28 pm »
deleted

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #502 on: 23 May 2014, 01:51 pm »
Hi Chris,

Virtual Front Panel no longer seems to be working. It comes up with a black screen even when there is text on the device display, and it doesn't respond to buttons.

-Gary

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #503 on: 27 May 2014, 03:47 pm »
Hi Chris,

Here's another bug report: When I play an internet radio station, the playlist on the right column retrieves the embedded metadata, but the media player header does not - it retains the metadata from any library track immediately before it.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #504 on: 28 May 2014, 02:26 pm »
Hi Guys,

Some customer within the last week have been having difficulties upgrading there firmware, I have written an article on an alternative method for upgrading the firmware and troubleshooting the issue.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/DOCS/Loony%20Loon%20Firmware%20Upgrading%20Difficulties.pdf

Cheers,
Chris

BigGeek

« Reply #505 on: 28 May 2014, 04:57 pm »
Hi Chris,

Here's another bug report: When I play an internet radio station, the playlist on the right column retrieves the embedded metadata, but the media player header does not - it retains the metadata from any library track immediately before it.

OK, so how do I add radio stations to Manic Moose? I look at the old videos and they don't really help. Did I need to have them already sorted when I updated from Loony Loon?

By the way, I have been keeping current and except for the occasional bug here and there, it has been working pretty well. I had to unplug the unit the other day. It had an Error 5 message on the faceplate and was unresponsive to anything. Unplugging it worked. We have had a lot of electrical activity here in Colorado lately. Maybe that caused the hiccup.

Cheers

Richard

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #506 on: 29 May 2014, 01:00 am »
Hi Richard,

Error messages that appear on the front panel refer to power issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9j8jc16fjqax46/BDP-error-codes-20140211.pdf

We intend on creating a new web radio interface shortly, until then you can make use of the squeezebox plugins found in services

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7z6nb037ukgd4l/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Cheers
Chris

drummermitchell

« Reply #507 on: 29 May 2014, 12:58 pm »
Hi Chris,
downloaded the latest firmware this morning.
I selected a couple of tracks to put on the playlist to see if I could delete one of them without affecting the playlist.
I'm assuming that this feature isn't on this new firmware yet.
Pain in the butt if you make up a list of 30-40 tracks and you want to delete a couple.
You have to delete everything and start over.
No fun and besides that it's pouring rain :lol:.

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #508 on: 29 May 2014, 03:20 pm »
Hi Chris,
I selected a couple of tracks to put on the playlist to see if I could delete one of them without affecting the playlist.
Pain in the butt if you make up a list of 30-40 tracks and you want to delete a couple.
It works. The way you do it is press the letter D, the "now playing" bar turns red, then click the track you want to remove.

Marius

« Reply #509 on: 29 May 2014, 03:39 pm »
Hey Gary,

Im puzzled, which letter D ? Only P's are displayed ..... :scratch:

Only D's i see are the drives, because of which i believed the D to stand for Drive...

Cheers,
Marius

It works. The way you do it is press the letter D, the "now playing" bar turns red, then click the track you want to remove.

jhameeh

« Reply #510 on: 29 May 2014, 04:26 pm »
Gary,

Just press the "D" button in your key board and the playlist bar (left column) will turn red...then click the song you want to remove from playlist.

drummermitchell

« Reply #511 on: 29 May 2014, 04:36 pm »
I was looking for the letter D also couldn't find it...then IDEA.....the keyboard :thumb:.
Works great,stopped rainin :o Sun's out also now WTF.

Timslim18

« Reply #512 on: 29 May 2014, 07:07 pm »
Hi Guys,

Some customer within the last week have been having difficulties upgrading there firmware, I have written an article on an alternative method for upgrading the firmware and troubleshooting the issue.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/DOCS/Loony%20Loon%20Firmware%20Upgrading%20Difficulties.pdf

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris:

I am having no luck in updating my BDP-1 from S1.73 2013-07-02 to any later Loony Loon.

I followed the link above with no success either.  My internet connection test was successful.

Please help!

Thanks,

Tim

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #513 on: 30 May 2014, 01:52 am »
Hi Chris,

I should have clarified you use your keyboard, d to delete, m to move (swap).  To make it tablet friendly I have also allowed users to drag tracks in the current playlist.  The may 28 release worked quite well until your playlist becomes longer then what can be displayed without scrolling.  That will be fixed in today's update and should be available shortly.  In the May 29 2014 (later) you have to drag the number next to the song.  This allows you to scroll on tablets again.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #514 on: 30 May 2014, 09:21 am »
Sorry for being such an idiot...., working great here, now ive pressed the actual D-key....  :duh:

Only, D seems to work as a Playlist editor, not only D for delete, it allows for rearranging also, just like M does?, and saving(! Finally!). Maybe trigger it with the letter E(dit) ;-) So glad we can finally create these lists.

Will you be providing some way to order those? In a folder structure that is, not only alphabetical like now.

Thanks!
M

I should have clarified you use your keyboard, d to delete, m to move (swap).  To make it tablet friendly I have also allowed users to drag tracks in the current playlist.  The may 28 release worked quite well until your playlist becomes longer then what can be displayed without scrolling.  That will be fixed in today's update and should be available shortly.  In the May 29 2014 (later) you have to drag the number next to the song.  This allows you to scroll on tablets again.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #515 on: 30 May 2014, 10:01 am »
Hey Chris,

New icons in the playlist, work well! (though the folder icons still is a bit too Computery for me...(don't you have a nice icon of stacked records :D,  or at least something along the ones of
http://www.iconarchive.com/show/hyperion-icons-by-icondesigner.net/Music-icon.html), and a separate one for the network drives would be nice too. If so, we could do away with the strange and rather ugly naming of the network drives right now.

More essential: Will you be adding a direct Home-button ? Since the music library is often deeply nested, this is rather a highly necessary option. And, to make it even better, make the breadcrumbs hot clickable on every nested folder. Would be wonderful.

Cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #516 on: 30 May 2014, 10:10 am »
Chris,

Using the filename over tag data option still won't solve the issue of long filenames not being shown from the relevant parts of it.... and, it doesn't affect the display in the playlist. This results in 2 different ways of the tracks being displayed.

Also, ive noticed that hovering the playlist only shows the first bit of the filename, not the full file name like before (cant screen it, because of the mouse pointer obviously )

Marius

EJS73

« Reply #517 on: 30 May 2014, 10:49 am »
Looking forward to try out MM - is there consensus about the stability of the latest beta's? And if I'd want to, could I downgrade to LL via the terminal or would I have to reflash the internal CF card?

EJ

EJS73

« Reply #518 on: 30 May 2014, 03:28 pm »
Looking forward to try out MM - is there consensus about the stability of the latest beta's? And if I'd want to, could I downgrade to LL via the terminal or would I have to reflash the internal CF card?

EJ

Update: tried it, installed 2.04 in a single attempt and currently playing a 24/192 AIFF file from USB. The web interface looks really slick and seems much more intuitive than before. Now upgrading to newest version via the installer. So far so good!

EJ

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #519 on: 31 May 2014, 05:17 am »

EJ

You'll need to ref lash using a computer and card reader, really the only beta about the beta right now is upgrading from loony loon to manic moose.  The upgrade doesn't always properly resize the internal storage, so far this seems to be a hardware configuration issue rather then a software one as it only seems to effect some BDP-1' (not all BDP-1's).

Cheers,
Chris