Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Gaustabl

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #480 on: 9 May 2014, 07:56 pm »
Hello.
I tried to control my bdp-1 with i rule and itach rs232 today, but with no luck. I did find some rs232 codes in the irule device database and used these. I had to use a null modem cable since both the itach and the bdp-1 had male contacts, cold this be the problem, or is it simply that rs 232 control is not enamled in manic moose?

best regards Lars

update. tried with straight cable as well, don't seem to get any contact with the bdp-1.

Is the rs-232 disabled on manic moose (or has it always been?)

Anybody at Bryston knows ?
« Last Edit: 13 May 2014, 06:55 am by Gaustabl »

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #481 on: 12 May 2014, 07:28 pm »
Hi Chris,

While trying to use album view today, I found a notice on the home screen that indicated "Bryston DB crash detected". Viewing the log only shows a slew of files it tried to open. Can you shed any light on how to resolve this?
-Gary

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #482 on: 13 May 2014, 01:41 pm »
Hi Chris,

While trying to use album view today, I found a notice on the home screen that indicated "Bryston DB crash detected". Viewing the log only shows a slew of files it tried to open. Can you shed any light on how to resolve this?
-Gary

A while ago some users had difficulty with the feature causing there BDP-1's to lockup completely.  The idea of the crash detection is it will stop creating the cover the art as so the other features like artist and genre views will still generate on the second try and see if it crashes again on the same file or not.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #483 on: 13 May 2014, 01:41 pm »
Hello.
I tried to control my bdp-1 with i rule and itach rs232 today, but with no luck. I did find some rs232 codes in the irule device database and used these. I had to use a null modem cable since both the itach and the bdp-1 had male contacts, cold this be the problem, or is it simply that rs 232 control is not enamled in manic moose?

best regards Lars

update. tried with straight cable as well, don't seem to get any contact with the bdp-1.

Is the rs-232 disabled on manic moose (or has it always been?)

Anybody at Bryston knows ?

No rs232 support at this time, it will come eventually

Cheers,
Chris

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #484 on: 13 May 2014, 02:09 pm »
A while ago some users had difficulty with the feature causing there BDP-1's to lockup completely.  The idea of the crash detection is it will stop creating the cover the art as so the other features like artist and genre views will still generate on the second try and see if it crashes again on the same file or not.

Cheers,
Chris

Understood. I deleted the album dB from my scratch drive, ran the repair function on the scratch drive, and allowed the db to be rebuilt and it seems to work now except that periodically, I can't get the album view to scroll past the first group of albums. The error message cleared after I deleted and rebuilt the album db.

Gaustabl

« Reply #485 on: 13 May 2014, 02:23 pm »
Chris.
Will the rs232 port work if i revert to the old firmware?

Best regards Lars

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #486 on: 13 May 2014, 06:02 pm »
Hi Chris,

I noticed that if I remove a drive from NAS Setup, that even though it shows removed in NAS setup, it's still reflected in the Media list. This is true even after updating MPD library. How can I resolve this?
-Gary

Marius

« Reply #487 on: 13 May 2014, 06:32 pm »
+1

it even plays....

Marius

Hi Chris,

I noticed that if I remove a drive from NAS Setup, that even though it shows removed in NAS setup, it's still reflected in the Media list. This is true even after updating MPD library. How can I resolve this?
-Gary

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #488 on: 15 May 2014, 01:42 am »
Hi Chris,

-Gary

Tried rebooting?

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #489 on: 15 May 2014, 04:09 pm »
Tried rebooting?
Yep, both hard reboot and soft

jhameeh

« Reply #490 on: 16 May 2014, 11:52 am »
Failed update.

What to do?

I followed this step:
1. Download Manic Moose firmware bin file from here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/firmware/20140314/firmware20140314.bin

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #491 on: 19 May 2014, 03:06 pm »
I noticed on the new build this morning that there is no longer an update for DSD over USB. Is it simply enabled by default?
-Gary

Marius

« Reply #492 on: 19 May 2014, 03:24 pm »
HI,
i still have a network share in the medialist, but it isn't listed in the NAS setup. rebooted more than once.

also, my album view won't load anymore, and no message of budding the library is displayed any longer. Simply nothing happens.

although the lastfm login was previously displayed correctly, and was sticky, it now has gone again, showing Bryston, no matter how often i click save.... ;-)

not sure whether i like the folder icons in the media list (seems a bit too much computer language, a graphical album would have suited better) Im not sure what the difference between the  single and double quavers is? Both are tracks i suppose, but double tracks :scratch:

do we have the option of updating form within the frontpanel? I cant seem it find it anyway. Would be rather nice to be able to, next to reboot, reset and factory settings.

cheers,
Marius

I noticed on the new build this morning that there is no longer an update for DSD over USB. Is it simply enabled by default?
-Gary

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #493 on: 19 May 2014, 06:01 pm »
HI,
i still have a network share in the medialist, but it isn't listed in the NAS setup. rebooted more than once.

also, my album view won't load anymore, and no message of budding the library is displayed any longer. Simply nothing happens.

although the lastfm login was previously displayed correctly, and was sticky, it now has gone again, showing Bryston, no matter how often i click save.... ;-)

not sure whether i like the folder icons in the media list (seems a bit too much computer language, a graphical album would have suited better) Im not sure what the difference between the  single and double quavers is? Both are tracks i suppose, but double tracks :scratch:

do we have the option of updating form within the frontpanel? I cant seem it find it anyway. Would be rather nice to be able to, next to reboot, reset and factory settings.

cheers,
Marius

Funny about those little icons Marius. I don't see them on my system. Perhaps my browser isn't using the same character set? I've also noticed that since today's build, Album view and Artist view no longer function at all. I only get the sample covers.

-Gary

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #494 on: 19 May 2014, 06:49 pm »
Album view has be decommissioned for now but Artist view works fine on my setup.

james

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #495 on: 19 May 2014, 08:27 pm »
Okay, Wonder what's going on on my end then. Artist view won't populate on my laptop, phone, ipad, or mac desktop. Hrm...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #496 on: 19 May 2014, 08:33 pm »
Okay, Wonder what's going on on my end then. Artist view won't populate on my laptop, phone, ipad, or mac desktop. Hrm...

Try emptying cache and remember it takes time fir the BDP to update the artist info.

james

jhameeh

« Reply #497 on: 20 May 2014, 03:07 am »
Failed update.

What to do?

I followed this step:
1. Download Manic Moose firmware bin file from here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/firmware/20140314/firmware20140314.bin

Can someone please help me?
Maybe I miss something.

Thanks.

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #498 on: 20 May 2014, 11:21 am »
Try emptying cache and remember it takes time fir the BDP to update the artist info.

james

Understood. I let the artist page sit for 2 hours this evening while away from my computer and it never populated. Also, my mac desktop has never used the page, so it has a clear cache. I seem to recall seeing the .album cache on my scratch drive in previous builds, but now I don't have one. Was this used only for the album view or also for artist view?
-Gary

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #499 on: 20 May 2014, 07:01 pm »
New download coming tonight.

james